3rd Quarter 2017

The new facility Placement tool is out, looks like facilities that are eligible as of now have a 0 in column Y instead a negative number like I thought we would see. My facility shows 1 in column Y so I think if we get 1 person before june we should be able to release one.
We have a 0 and are still below the current national average, but also a 0 for projected so who knows if we're eligible

So anything above a zero is considered bad? As in "stuck" bad?

Anything other than a zero in Column Y means you're projected below the national average. So no movement.

Can anyone make heads or tails of the last two columns and where they got those numbers and how it relates to releases?

For Column Y, if you have a zero you're projected above the national average and could release at least one person. Column Z is how many inbounds are needed to staff the facility to 100%. You'll notice that anyone with over 100% projected staffing in Column X will have a zero in Column Z.

Anything other than a zero in Column Y means you're projected below the national average. So no movement.

For Column Y, if you have a zero you're projected above the national average and could release at least one person. Column Z is how many inbounds are needed to staff the facility to 100%. You'll notice that anyone with over 100% projected staffing in Column X will have a zero in Column Z.

But still have to wait to get above the average to make those releases happen?

Indeed. You still must be above the current national average and projected national average to have a chance.
If you're showing two zeroes and projected to be above both why not allow the release to happen? It seems like it just delays movement for no real reason

If you're showing two zeroes and projected to be above both why not allow the release to happen? It seems like it just delays movement for no real reason

I hear ya. I'm in the exact same situation. That's just the arbitrary cut off point that has been agreed upon

I think I remember reading something about rounding within .2% of the average? Am I off base on that? So if you're at 81.8 and national average 82 would that be considered being at the average?

Why is BTR showing 1 in column Y when they are above the national average at 19/22 and AZO and BFL and DSM are showing 0 at 17/22 and below the average?

I think I remember reading something about rounding within .2% of the average? Am I off base on that? So if you're at 81.8 and national average 82 would that be considered being at the average?
This was .2 below the avg for a selection. Not applicable now.

Anyone hearing rumors of the Facility placement tool going to a 5 year projection? I'm not sure if this helps or hurts us if it's true.

Nothing really new, except the first mention of potential level caps.

Anyone hearing rumors of the Facility placement tool going to a 5 year projection? I'm not sure if this helps or hurts us if it's true.
Would make things much less accurate. I don't see that as a positive.

Attachments

• ERR and NCEPT FY2016 Program Report.pdf
    684.8 KB · Views: 69
What do you mean?

Level 4-6 controllers are transferring directly into the level 10-12 facilities. What NCEPT wants to happen is have the 4-6 transfer to 7-9 who then transfer to 10-12.
Depending on the success rate, they may make a rule saying you can only jump up a certain number of facilities.

Level 4-6 controllers are transferring directly into the level 10-12 facilities. What NCEPT wants to happen is have the 4-6 transfer to 7-9 who then transfer to 10-12.
Depending on the success rate, they may make a rule saying you can only jump up a certain number of facilities.

The problem with this is that it would prevent the high-level facilities from getting as many people as possible. The high level facilities are typically where controllers are needed most. In my opinion, if a level 4-6 controller wants to test his/her abilities at a high level facility, why not let them.

Also, it would be pretty unfortunate if they changed this as some academy grads do not have any option to choose a facility higher than a 6, just because the luck of the draw. Whereas, a different class could have level 7 facilities to choose from. This seems unfair in the future if the process were to be changed.

Did they really expect the level 4-6s to not jump to the 10-12s that they would have had to pipeline into before? Apparently they thought that they would still go to those 7-9s, disregarding the fact that getting one release date is struggle enough, let alone from two different facilities.

The career progression that they talk about really is working out

Back
Top Bottom