3rd Quarter 2017

Yeah, and that's how it should be. The thing that needs to change is once you get CPC, you should be able to gtfo relatively fast, and the next guy takes your spot behind you instead of infront of you.

They've only been putting out the lists right before the panel. For the category status it's pretty easy to figure out, but you don't have to because I put it on the facility's staffing sheet :)
The available slots have been tricky in the past to estimate, but it should be easier now with the changes. I'll add it to my to do list and try to post that info as well.

I agree with your staffing thought process, was more just relating to what you were saying with a real world example. I appreciate all your updates on here. I haven't been at work so been checking here for updates since I don't have KSN acesss

Have you guys not seen the new list format on the KSN site? They no longer use Microsoft Word. There's a link in the top of the page that has a current list of facility priority and how many controllers eligible to release/gain. It's all consolidated into one.
No, but I did see they added a weekly minutes section today

From the NCEPT front page:

"Employees selected during the quarterly NCEPT Selection Meetings are required to be released from their facility based their facility's category at the time of selection. The facility status categories are defined below.

Category 1: Current CPC to Target % and Projected % to Target are both greater than 90% Facility CPC staffing level. Release dates shall be within three (3) months of selection, or at the election of the employee no later than six (6) months.

Category 2: Current CPC to Target % and Projected % to Target are both greater than the CPC national average. Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.

*Category 1 (1 year): Current CPC to Target % and Projected % to Target are greater than 90% Facility CPC staffing level; however, a selection from the facility would cause the facility's current and projected percentages to drop below the national average. Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.

*Category 1 (1 year) facility status will be applied to NCEPT selections starting with FY17 3rd Quarter NCEPT Selection Meeting held in June."

Does anyone know if a command center bid has to go through the deviation waiver request??
Pretty sure they are part of the ATO :)
Command center was covered under the weekly minutes, they aren't going to take anyone from a facility that isn't in the green, to avoid poaching CPCs
This time next year the atscc will be staffed with nothing but people from Stockton and Beaumont towers.

Temp Sup's restrictions are in the SOP and you will almost never need a waiver for those regardless of staffing. The only places where you could realistically have a lower CPC percentage then FLM percentage are centers. You can look at past FLM waivers, there's no real rhyme or reason to it. The closer you are to the national average the better your odds are of one of your co-workers getting an FLM waiver approved.

Does anyone know how waivers work when it comes to FLM bids if our facility is below national average?
Case-by-case basis.
There's been no real consistency on people getting waivers. Comparing your facility's CPC staffing to the new facility's FLM staffing gets you in the ballpark, but even then it's guesswork on whether it'll actually be approved.
If it's somewhere you feel like going, apply and see what happens.

Case-by-case basis.
There's been no real consistency on people getting waivers. Comparing your facility's CPC staffing to the new facility's FLM staffing gets you in the ballpark, but even then it's guesswork on whether it'll actually be approved.
If it's somewhere you feel like going, apply and see what happens.
Assuming they're using the same guidelines with TMC bids? Or are they less likely since that's a bargaining unit slot and not crossing into management

Assuming they're using the same guidelines with TMC bids? Or are they less likely since that's a bargaining unit slot and not crossing into management
Not 100% sure, but I think TMC follows the same guidelines in theory. However it'll be really rare for them to even try and get a waiver for someone to go TMC.

Back
Top Bottom