3rd Quarter 2017

You go to academy July 2010 Andrew? My tower class had a guy go there, can't remember the last name though.

Does anyone have any information regarding how many controllers are eligibile to be picked up at LAX?

They can pick up 11 people. How many eligible people applied and made the manager list, that I do not know.

Historically, does anyone know if they pick up controllers from 5s?

Two people from my facility applied there, looks like I won't be leaving this bid.

Historically, does anyone know if they pick up controllers from 5s?

Two people from my facility applied there, looks like I won't be leaving this bid.
LAX doesn't really have a choice. Last panel they had one eligible and that person was from a 4. In terms of pre NCEPT historical stuff, yes they did pick up from 5's, Santa Monica for instance. Will they do well? The odds are stacked against them. In terms of high level tower washouts, ATL and LAX lead the way with 12 washouts each over the past ~3 years.

Of the sixteen on the LAX most will get offers assuming the priority number doesn't change. How many accept those offers? Who knows. The unfortunate thing is I would be willing to bet some of them will not, but just by applying and being selected they will be cock blocking someone who would love to move to a lower priority facility. (Happened to me last round).

Edit: And LAX will be able to rank the eligible people and put the level fives etc on the bottom if they choose, but if the whole list is level fives they don't have a choice, they get whoever is eligible.

I don't think the guys are blocking here, they're just desperate to get out. More desperate than me.

I couldn't justify moving my family to a shack with barred windows for 400k.

Side note, I've got one in for DEN. The odds arent good for this level 5 controller, ha.

Good luck to all y'all with errs in, hope you're in a better situation than I am.

Back
Top Bottom