Anyone Hear of OKC Closures?

Per HR rep

“At this time, they have not made any decisions on postponing or cancelling Academy classes. However, the ATO and Medical are keeping an eye out for everything, and if it anything changes, everyone will be contacted immediately.” 3/12/2020 09:50 CT

Sounds like your not going into the right job, you know you provide a service right? those bus drivers are not there for your entertainment, your sole purpose as a controller is to serve those bus drivers. so my advise to you is dont go! its not worth your trouble. you wont pass without a severe attitude adjustment

Sorry serious Sandy, didn't realize y'all had no tongue in cheek capabilities.

I've been in aviation for 15 years as a pilot, A&P and admin in 91, 105, 121, 135, and 145 capacities. Current maintenance controller...I'm the guy who pilots call when their plane breaks. Pilots are the bane of my existence, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them and I wouldn't voluntarily continue working with them if I didn't enjoy it under the surface.

Sorry serious Sandy, didn't realize y'all had no tongue in cheek capabilities.

I've been in aviation for 15 years as a pilot, A&P and admin in 91, 105, 121, 135, and 145 capacities. Current maintenance controller...I'm the guy who pilots call when their plane breaks. Pilots are the bane of my existence, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them and I wouldn't voluntarily continue working with them if I didn't enjoy it under the surface.

Soon you will be the bane of tech ops existence ?.

not sure if this is even a possibility but Natca should try to push for some kinda pause on downgrades that are a result of travel restrictions.
Facilities are able to make the case of why they shouldn’t be downgraded. No one will get downgraded solely because of this.

"Sir, the selfish deadbeat who has been sneezing & coughing in the tower & refused to quarantine; just tested positive for Covid-19...."

giphy.gif

"Sir, the selfish deadbeat who has been sneezing & coughing in the tower & refused to quarantine; just tested positive for Covid-19...."

giphy.gif
Kind of shocked my posted was deleted last time tbh and not moved ?

Unconfirmed rumour is classes starting next week are cancelled

Kind of shocked my posted was deleted last time tbh and not moved ?

you'd think a man with your street cred & clout around here would be granted more discretion wouldn't you. In order to facilitate proper dialogue some leeway outside of the actual 4 corners of the "thread topic" must be allowed. otherwise you'd only have bots caring to post anything at all.

Close OKC, close al lfacilities. Ground the fleet!

Real
Josephml21 will just have to up your allowance :lol:

Real talk though. This massive overreaction is gonna wreck me (and others.) I have to be moved out by the 18th so they can clean the place and get it ready for the new move in on the 23rd. If I have to find housing, I need to find a way to make the first month + security deposit....plus find a place that will let me stay there anywhere from 2 weeks to to months. This may end up with me abandoning ATC altogether for the sake of my financial sanity.

Real

Real talk though. This massive overreaction is gonna wreck me (and others.) I have to be moved out by the 18th so they can clean the place and get it ready for the new move in on the 23rd. If I have to find housing, I need to find a way to make the first month + security deposit....plus find a place that will let me stay there anywhere from 2 weeks to to months. This may end up with me abandoning ATC altogether for the sake of my financial sanity.

Yikes. Sorry friend.

I guess I should be happy I didn't get a date yet. I got told on Tuesday that I'm cleared and would be getting a date "shortly" and haven't heard back.

Back
Top Bottom