Anyone Hear of OKC Closures?

Can confirm as well. They announced in our basics class today that all new classes starting this Monday the 16th will be postponed to a later date. If you are currently at the academy, they will continue classes, with the situation being evaluated weekly.

I start on the 17th. Officially cancelled the class, HR rep said it could be as late as August that we get re-scheduled.

I'm kinda fucked.

I start on the 17th. Officially cancelled the class, HR rep said it could be as late as August that we get re-scheduled.

I'm kinda fucked.

Wow August??...good luck with everything man. Guess I'm going to be here a while longer.

Btw, I wouldn't really call it an over-reaction.

Sorry serious Sandy, didn't realize y'all had no tongue in cheek capabilities.

I've been in aviation for 15 years as a pilot, A&P and admin in 91, 105, 121, 135, and 145 capacities. Current maintenance controller...I'm the guy who pilots call when their plane breaks. Pilots are the bane of my existence, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them and I wouldn't voluntarily continue working with them if I didn't enjoy it under the surface.
Dude you dont want to compare resumes: cannon AFB Tower/ Rapcon, ZDC ,ZLA, Denver stapleton Tower/ Tracon, Las Vegas Tower, Den Tower.. Western Service area Quality Assurance, FCT FAA representative.
All that being said good luck. but seriously rethink your motivations

Dude you dont want to compare resumes: cannon AFB Tower/ Rapcon, ZDC ,ZLA, Denver stapleton Tower/ Tracon, Las Vegas Tower, Den Tower.. Western Service area Quality Assurance, FCT FAA representative.
Yah, but can you land the plane???? And damn, Stapleton? That was way back when planes had to taxi uphill both ways to the terminal and back!

I think he was trying to say he doesn't actually hate pilots, he wasn't trying to have a dick measuring contest... Pretty sure you both lose though anyways

I appreciate your tenure, but you're comparing apples to oranges. I was turning 7 when Stapleton closed. I was sticking up for myself when someone got pissy that I didn't kiss the ground that pilots walked on. I am but a wee 30 year old, but I think I've done pretty well for myself in my time as an adult.

atcRick-ROLLED

giphy.gif

I cannot explain why but I feel this is appropriate.

"Chief Edecutive Officer of Rolls Royce of America"

SCUM.

You're dating yourself tho. All these kids wondering about their class dates are just like... "who's that hot chick!?" :rofl:

That’s a lot of places. I will give you a lot of credit if you were a fully certified controller at all of them. More credit if you trained people to CPC / FPL at each one. If you were a supervisor or TMU, then nope, sorry, Not impressed at all. Oh, and QA, haha. Come on.

Last edited:
Depending on what they say tomorrow, I may as well just move to OKC and find a gig down there. Cheaper than where I'm at now and if I gotta live in my car then at least it's warm down there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom