Anyone Hear of OKC Closures?

You can probably Get a job as a remote.

I have an A&P and usually have zero difficulty finding a job. MY body's broken though, and I sold my tools as I took my last job in maintenance admin. Those are harder to come by as gigs. Contracts are common. We shall see what tomorrow brings, I wasn't expecting an developments over the weekend. The only folks with federal paychecks working the weekend are you guys and the military.

Depending on what they say tomorrow, I may as well just move to OKC and find a gig down there. Cheaper than where I'm at now and if I gotta live in my car then at least it's warm down there.
That's what I thought when I got my TOL in February 2012. Didn't end up getting a class date until May 2014.

That's what I thought when I got my TOL in February 2012. Didn't end up getting a class date until May 2014.

I mean, this is kinda left field. I got my date, and I gave my landlord 60 days notices as per the lease agreement. Everything was kosher right up to two days ago. I'll get by. What's the oldest OTS new hire that's gone through the academy? Rumor has it that October may be the new date and by that case I'll be well on my way to 32 years old.

I mean, this is kinda left field. I got my date, and I gave my landlord 60 days notices as per the lease agreement. Everything was kosher right up to two days ago. I'll get by. What's the oldest OTS new hire that's gone through the academy? Rumor has it that October may be the new date and by that case I'll be well on my way to 32 years old.
Your age doesn’t matter anymore. You have to apply and have the bid close prior to your 31st bday. Doesn’t matter how long the hiring process is I believe.

I have an A&P and usually have zero difficulty finding a job. MY body's broken though, and I sold my tools as I took my last job in maintenance admin. Those are harder to come by as gigs. Contracts are common. We shall see what tomorrow brings, I wasn't expecting an developments over the weekend. The only folks with federal paychecks working the weekend are you guys and the military.
There’s an MRO at OKC

There’s an MRO at OKC

MRO's are a monster. Pre-employment is a process. Drug screen, background, interviews...I'm going to just call up slow flight schools and see if they need help signing off 100hrs. If I gotta buy a cheap set of sockets, whatever. T-Hangar maintenance is something I probably get by with instead of traversing massive MRO hangars. Plus maybe I'll get a discount, haven't flown in forever.

Not even close years ago there was a paperwork snafu and when it was said and done a bunch of people got hired in the upper 30's. One guy I know of was 39.

Gosh darnit Becky. There was one silver lining to this ordeal and you yoinked it from underneath me.

Glad to see the FAA is a well oiled machine. The security dude that will get me my ID and all that jazz just called me to give me directions to him so we could get all set up for class tomorrow. He had no idea it was cancelled. Talk about rubbing the salt in, AMIRITE?

My husband’s class starts April 16th. He just spoke to his HR POC and she told him that only the March 17th class is cancelled so far. Other class dates aren’t affected yet.

My husband’s class starts April 16th. He just spoke to his HR POC and she told him that only the March 17th class is canceled so far. Other class dates aren’t affected yet.
I got essentially the same response from my POC. I was told that I'd be notified immediately if my 04-14 class was canceled or postponed, but for now, it's business as usual until the ATO decides otherwise.

Regarding the Academy, pretty much if you're not there yet, don't plan on being there for a while. If you're already there, prepare to go home. If you don't have a class date yet, pick a hobby you like and plan on doing it for the better part of this year.

Back
Top Bottom