April (Q2) 2019

Sorry I’m new to this NCEPT ERR thing. How the heck do you guys access KSN? I log onto cedar and I can’t find a single person that is allowed access.
I put in my paperwork from ZAU to ZJX as a TMC to a TMC position and have about 12 years cpc under my belt. Both are category 2 facilities as far as I know. Talking with the TMO down there they are in need of TMCs. No clue how the selection works or how things look for me ?‍♂️

If they followed the typical schedule, when would the Q3 panel be?

Sorry I’m new to this NCEPT ERR thing. How the heck do you guys access KSN? I log onto cedar and I can’t find a single person that is allowed access.
I put in my paperwork from ZAU to ZJX as a TMC to a TMC position and have about 12 years cpc under my belt. Both are category 2 facilities as far as I know. Talking with the TMO down there they are in need of TMCs. No clue how the selection works or how things look for me ?‍♂️

You need to go to ksn2.faa.gov on an FAA computer, there is a search bar in the top right, type in "NCEPT Public" and it should be the first result.

For some reason at my facility just going to ksn2.faa.gov doesn’t work. If you type in this address exactly it will get you there.

FAA KSN Website

JG-R41/nceptpublic/SitePages/

NCEPT%20Public.aspx

Word around my facility was that it wouldn't be until August. I never heard any basis for why August though so that could be 100% speculation.

I can help ya next time I see ya. Since Incouldnt help find your water bottle I’ll help with this haha. I know where it’s at. I have it in the history on one of the computers by the printer.

Ashley M Coleman it's kind of dependent on where you're coming from, an N90 NEST who got through most of their training is going to get something different than say a 6 up/down. Also if you've been CPC prior, you can usually expect a list of equivalent facilities that you were rated at last.

So when is the first notification people will get during the month long process of a possible selection? I see all the dates and looks like this round completes April 16. So is that when we see a list that may or may not include our name?

So when is the first notification people will get during the month long process of a possible selection? I see all the dates and looks like this round completes April 16. So is that when we see a list that may or may not include our name?

Usually the next day around lunch time.

KSN really isn’t hard to get into. It’s ksn2.faa.gov. Then you can search NCEPT, and yes, even NEST.......

I know a medical is usually a requirement to bid a job but not sure about a training failure transfers.

[removed]

Whatever your intentions with this post you apparently have no idea how the NEST works. If that's this persons first training failure they will almost certainly be retained, unless they washed out on data. The tone is super weird too. You make it sound like someone that was terrible and washed out right away would be more likely to be retained than someone there for four years.

Maybe this is someone you know since they made their name their ID (which personally I think is stupid) and they're one of those problem coworkers and that's why you're so salty but your info is wrong

So... not a safe space for asking questions.
I have a medical. Yes 4 years at a level 8 with breaks in training due to being out of work for 7 months with a broken leg and other personal traumas. You don't know my situation or life experiences.

Also, no this is not a safe space. We're all just controllers. You'll usually get answers but nobody here is on the clock and for the most part can choose whatever tone they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom