April (Q2) 2019

ZOB has been a guaranteed selection facility almost every NCEPT panel. Meaning they have more openings than ERR applicants
ZOB is the best bang for your buck facility in the agency, I wasn’t joking when I would rate it top five. Level 12 pay in a city with enough to do with higher end schooling options in probably the lowest cost of living 12 in the country in a state with low taxes.

ZOB is the best bang for your buck facility in the agency, I wasn’t joking when I would rate it top five. Level 12 pay in a city with enough to do with higher end schooling options in probably the lowest cost of living 12 in the country in a state with low taxes.
Cleveland is such an underrated city. This city is great!

Orlando Tower/Central Florida Approach
ZOB
Denver Tower/TRACON/Center
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
PIT and BUF Hell no!!!!!!! You must not talk to people from Cali bruh

You are talking about $$$ way too much. Cleveland SUCKS!!!!!!!! Money isn't worth a horrible life. There are level 5 thru 8 facilities in California that are WAY better choices. You might make less. But you can afford to live there comfortably. My old level 5 tower on California has let A LOT of people go via NCEPT. Guess why, because people stay there so the staffing is always GREAT.

You are talking about $$$ way too much. Cleveland SUCKS!!!!!!!! Money isn't worth a horrible life. There are level 5 thru 8 facilities in California that are WAY better choices. You might make less. But you can afford to live there comfortably. My old level 5 tower on California has let A LOT of people go via NCEPT. Guess why, because people stay there so the staffing is always GREAT.

Lol, you're funny. People who bash Cleveland are those that aren't happy anywhere. Trust me. I know people who grew up here, said it terrible, moved to California, NC, Florida, you name it. Every single one of them couldn't wait to move back.

Stop listening to what the Memes, gifs, dumb videos, and what the national media says and actually experience it for yourself.
And give it a real chance.

PIT and BUF Hell no!!!!!!! You must not talk to people from Cali bruh

I was born and raised in Cali, spent a lot of time stationed there too...it's a shithole bro. You couldn't guarantee me top of the band at SAN to go there.

I'd be stoked for CLE or CVG over any Cali place.

Perfect example of point 3 is N90 from the looks of the numbers and what some say on the forums about overcrowding.

There are four CPC-IT transfers bound for N90 who just graduated TETRA. They're all going back to their facilities for a maximum of 90 days, then they'll head to N90 and work data for 2+ years before their class date comes up. Best part is, due to the backlog at N90 they're now going to start sending TETRA graduates back to Oklahoma for a 3-week refresher course shortly before their class date, which totally defeats the purpose of sending them through TETRA in the first place. Seems insane to take certified controllers away from their already understaffed facilities just to have them rot on data alongside dozens of other data-only trainees, all while paying them more than when they were actually controlling traffic. But that's the FAA.

There are four CPC-IT transfers bound for N90 who just graduated TETRA. They're all going back to their facilities for a maximum of 90 days, then they'll head to N90 and work data for 2+ years before their class date comes up. Best part is, due to the backlog at N90 they're now going to start sending TETRA graduates back to Oklahoma for a 3-week refresher course shortly before their class date, which totally defeats the purpose of sending them through TETRA in the first place. Seems insane to take certified controllers away from their already understaffed facilities just to have them rot on data alongside dozens of other data-only trainees, all while paying them more than when they were actually controlling traffic. But that's the FAA.
If you sit in the building and monitor that long who even needs class at that point?

This is obviously a subjective opinion. It's Ohio. Saying Ohio is top 5 as a general statement on attractive location nationally is just absurd. Cuz you're on an island there. Even if your post defending it were true it would be irrelevant because the question was desirable reference inbound competition. And ZOB has had almost 0 ERR competition. This is incredible status for yourself and anyone that agrees with you. Actually it's the best news anyone wishing to go to ZOB could get. Best case scenario for anyone wishing to ERR to place X is that place X isn't drowning in ERRs. Now you only have to compete to get out of where you are instead of competing for a spot out and at the same time competing for a spot in.

I was born and raised in Cali, spent a lot of time stationed there too...it's a shithole bro. You couldn't guarantee me top of the band at SAN to go there.

I'd be stoked for CLE or CVG over any Cali place.

Aren't you in reno?

Three week refresher for a course that may not even be a valid preparation for the facility. Seems like a lot of this was not thought out, to no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom