August (Q4) 2022

This is actually a good example of dynamic decisions...

Per the rules for Round 1 and the NCEPT PPT, ZJX was not eligible to gain since they were projected above the national average (ZJX was 88.85% and national average was 88.41%). Yet, they still picked up 10 individuals (the maximum).

To additionally clarify... there were other centers that were eligible to release (ZAN, ZAU, ZKC, ZUA) who could've gotten selected for ZJX but were not.
Throw out the rules….this was an “extenuating circumstances” panel

I applied somewhere that could pick up and our facility could release but we didn’t release anyone and that facility didn’t gain anyone… ?
Consider that a “making shit up as we go” result

Already up to the managers rankings. Who is to say that the guy with 10 years military experience, 5 towers, a few rapcons that got stuck at a level 6 VFR tower is less likely to check out than the off the street kid who was working at McDonald's and got lucky enough to get a level 8?

Edit: Not to mention the fact that all that does is increase moves which hurts everyone. Instead of one move to a career facility, you want people to move 2 or 3 times. Spend 6+ years in training.
I will 100% take the off the street person over the low level transfers and prior military our facility has received. They don't come with shitty habits nor shitty attitudes.

MIlitary air traffic is mostly a joke. Don't @ me.
FWIW I can say my last base in the AF was far more complicated/busy than my first fac in the FAA.
You think the BUR list will be on there since they were eligible to gain even though they didn't end up gaining?
BUR has been showing up on prior experience and academy lists lately do it might fill up before the next panel.

MIlitary air traffic is mostly a joke. Don't @ me.
“You don’t know what it’s like to control planes college boy. I was vectoring fighter jets to the ILS out in the desert in the middle of a sand storm while you were taking beer bongs full of Natty. There’s no reason you should be here over my brothers that worked along side of me. Apparently the color of your skin is more important than knowing how to do the job”

I told him the 2 prior military controllers in my OKC class told me the same exact same story. They both failed.

“Probably Navy controllers”

This is actually a good example of dynamic decisions...

Per the rules for Round 1 and the NCEPT PPT, ZJX was not eligible to gain since they were projected above the national average (ZJX was 88.85% and national average was 88.41%). Yet, they still picked up 10 individuals (the maximum).

To additionally clarify... there were other centers that were eligible to release (ZAN, ZAU, ZKC, ZUA) who could've gotten selected for ZJX but were not.
How many people at Z's that can release really want to go to ZJX? It's a rest of US 11 and everyone there sounds miserable.

“You don’t know what it’s like to control planes college boy. I was vectoring fighter jets to the ILS out in the desert in the middle of a sand storm while you were taking beer bongs full of Natty. There’s no reason you should be here over my brothers that worked along side of me. Apparently the color of your skin is more important than knowing how to do the job”

I told him the 2 prior military controllers in my OKC class told me the same exact same story. They both failed.

“Probably Navy controllers”
Shit, I did 10 years active, and that sounds like someone I wouldn't have liked to work alongside even in the military. Half of the idiots like that were awful controllers, even in the military.

And what exactly would you say is the madness? Not a perfect system by any means, but did something this panel get messed up or just generally the system is madness IYO?
We were able to release two , the facility I had paperwork into could pick up two. My facility released one and the receiving facility picked up one. Does not make sense. And yes I know my paperwork was correct and was being ranked.

ATM doesn't make that decision, genuis.
Yeah not for off the street, you right. Still a bad take regardless, if you're trying to transfer. I don't have numbers on hand but I'd put my paycheck on the fact that prior military have a higher checkout rate than off the street.

Anyone ever contact the ncept panel, if thats even possible, and get an explanation to this madness?
Yes, many times. Most of the time the NATCA brothers say something along the lines of, “You’re lucky we got the FAA to agree to ERRs in the first place. They don’t have to let you transfer.” And, “This way we at least have some say in it.”…(seat at the table, dynamic decisions, etc, etc, etc…)

Yeah not for off the street, you right. Still a bad take regardless, if you're trying to transfer. I don't have numbers on hand but I'd put my paycheck on the fact that prior military have a higher checkout rate than off the street.
They don't make the decision for military hires either. The only controller "hiring" the ATM gets a say in is ERR and CPC reinstatements. You would be dumb to make that bet.

They don't make the decision for military hires either. The only controller "hiring" the ATM gets a say in is ERR and CPC reinstatements. You would be dumb to make that bet.
Forgive me for assuming some inference while we're having a discussion in an NCEPT thread.

We were able to release two , the facility I had paperwork into could pick up two. My facility released one and the receiving facility picked up one. Does not make sense. And yes I know my paperwork was correct and was being ranked.
Probably due to the NTI they couldn't let you go.

you sure EE's dumbass didn't mess up your paperwork?

Back
Top Bottom