August (Q4) 2022

Fuck no bro. I hope you are one of those people with a TOL. That is your only chance at ZJX, crushing the academy and going there as a first as a first assignment. They sent so many new hires there and plan to continue to do so that they won’t be taking any current CPCs through NCEPT.
This is infuriating. Typical government common sense.

I'm also confused now. So they release this Facility Priority list. But if you have to be below 88.X% to pick someone up, why are facility over that % even on the list?

I'm also confused now. So they release this Facility Priority list. But if you have to be below 88.X% to pick someone up, why are facility over that % even on the list?
It’s just the national priority dude. They use column AA of the PPT to make the priority list. NCEPT is not the only thing that uses it. It lists them all because that is how placement lists from academy use it, and people who get hired previous experience and people who go to the NEST.

It’s just the national priority dude. They use column AA of the PPT to make the priority list. NCEPT is not the only thing that uses it. It lists them all because that is how placement lists from academy use it, and people who get hired previous experience and people who go to the NEST.
NCEPT is the only thing that uses that priority list. The placement lists for terminal and enroute are different. The Facility Status and Priority is compiled by a formula called Decision Lense Criteria. Projected Staffing to Target is what determines the amount of selections but it’s only a fraction of the Decision Lense.

NCEPT is the only thing that uses that priority list. The placement lists for terminal and enroute are different. The Facility Status and Priority is compiled by a formula called Decision Lense Criteria. Projected Staffing to Target is what determines the amount of selections but it’s only a fraction of the Decision Lense.
Ah I was thinking of PPT, you are right.

Does gaining facilities in Round 1 have to be below 85% current too (like in some previous NCEPTs) or is it only column AA (projected)?

Correct me if I’m wrong on this scenario:

Example:
Facility Priority #30 cannot gain but is able to release. If they release one, their national average drops below 88.4%.

Should someone from #30 get picked to go to facility #29, would they then be eligible to pick up someone as the panel get to them?

Since NCEPT numbers are updated as they go, it would make sense this would be possible, however stranger things have happened in the FAA

Correct me if I’m wrong on this scenario:

Example:
Facility Priority #30 cannot gain but is able to release. If they release one, their national average drops below 88.4%.

Should someone from #30 get picked to go to facility #29, would they then be eligible to pick up someone as the panel get to them?

Since NCEPT numbers are updated as they go, it would make sense this would be possible, however stranger things have happened in the FAA
No one knows for sure because it says facilities are designated as either gaining OR receiving in each round. There are some places like CLT that can gain AND release in round 1 but it will be dynamic what they do I guess. In the past, if you release, they don't update the projected immediately to let you also gain on the same panel when they were unable to before. It should be more fluid like the way you suggest though

No one knows for sure because it says facilities are designated as either gaining OR receiving in each round. There are some places like CLT that can gain AND release in round 1 but it will be dynamic what they do I guess. In the past, if you release, they don't update the projected immediately to let you also gain on the same panel when they were unable to before. It should be more fluid like the way you suggest though
Makes sense.

Could you imagine if they updated as they went, more people would be able to transfer and we could all live in harmony…

Makes sense.

Could you imagine if they updated as they went, more people would be able to transfer and we could all live in harmony…
With your scenario, I believe they do not select anyone if they are releasing. That would be great to add because then you get a replacement at that facility. And I agree with above about CLT being the odd one with the rules as it can gain or release. We shall see what it is designated on the 24th

With your scenario, I believe they do not select anyone if they are releasing. That would be great to add because then you get a replacement at that facility. And I agree with above about CLT being the odd one with the rules as it can gain or release. We shall see what it is designated on the 24th
Don't they focus on releases first? Thought it's been this way during all of the covid ncept panels; if you can gain and release, you only release for the round.

If you really want to be technical, ZNY did release last panel.
Article 124/60 doesn't count!

It makes sense as every other panel seems like certain facilities released too many and are gaining again. Would be a win-win for both sides of process, which is most likely why it’s not included in the process

Back
Top Bottom