Enroute Class pass rate

So there was some hot drama for a day this past week, where the class eval'ing on Monday was given 2 separate lists for their 2 halves (they were split into 2 upon return for Covid spacing). I definitely made sure to bring this up to the placement office when I learned of it, as we were assured that this exact thing would not happen, and we would all eval and place together (we place in about a month, and our class is in the same boat).

One half of the class, which had 5 people in it, had something like ZNY, ZNY, ZOA, ZSU, ZLA - can't remember precisely, but along those lines. I'm assuming some of them stormed the office as well. Turned out, they corrected it and gave them a combined, single list by the end of the day on Thursday. A lot of people basically said "oh well, that's the way it is, nothing to be done about it." But I figured it was very likely just a lack of communication to the placement people. They saw 2 different class numbers, so they printed 2 lists. Glad that seems to be what happened, and they actually rectified it. It would really blow to end up getting a 90%+ but end up losing your pick to someone in your sister class who got a 70% because they have the first class number.

So there was some hot drama for a day this past week, where the class eval'ing on Monday was given 2 separate lists for their 2 halves (they were split into 2 upon return for Covid spacing). I definitely made sure to bring this up to the placement office when I learned of it, as we were assured that this exact thing would not happen, and we would all eval and place together (we place in about a month, and our class is in the same boat).

One half of the class, which had 5 people in it, had something like ZNY, ZNY, ZOA, ZSU, ZLA - can't remember precisely, but along those lines. I'm assuming some of them stormed the office as well. Turned out, they corrected it and gave them a combined, single list by the end of the day on Thursday. A lot of people basically said "oh well, that's the way it is, nothing to be done about it." But I figured it was very likely just a lack of communication to the placement people. They saw 2 different class numbers, so they printed 2 lists. Glad that seems to be what happened, and they actually rectified it. It would really blow to end up getting a 90%+ but end up losing your pick to someone in your sister class who got a 70% because they have the first class number.
What was the second list? Jacksonville Seattle Denver Denver Houston?

Glad you had the balls/determination to rectify this, but welcome to the FAA, you will see dozens upon dozens of examples of policy and procedure fuck ups and things like that throughout your career, the academy could not have provided any better of a realistic job preview.

I've have a similar set up at the Academy right now except the other half of my class started 2 days later. I think they'll split our list because of that

Back
Top Bottom