February (Q2) 2023

Except people at the same facility with one year seniority get the same 1.6% raise as people with 25 years seniority.
Yah? But that’s how it works insenority jobs. But you’re never catching the person with more years than you. Their 1.6 is always going to be more dollars than your 1.6

Yah? But that’s how it works insenority jobs. But you’re never catching the person with more years than you. Their 1.6 is always going to be more dollars than your 1.6
From indeed.com. Webster didn't have a definition. So, grain of salt I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131_124721_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230131_124721_Chrome.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 50
Coming from personal experience and for many that I know that got picked up at PCT, this is excellent advice. While being in an agency for 6 months, a president of an aviation club, or a local FACREP has actually nothing to do with your ability to work traffic, the involvement and dedication to the field speak a lot about your character. Get off your asses and show that YOU want to go there (or anywhere) and don't make excuses. People get picked up because they have formed a relationship and made themselves known to the facility they want to get to, and that facility respects your determination and drive. In turn, they attribute that personality to how committed you will be in your training. And ultimately successful at the facility. It's not about your experience, it's about your determination to succeed. And whether you like it or not, the ERR selection comes down to who knows you. And when I say that, I mean it is HOW they know you - your character and your commitment to success at their facility - NOT WHO you know. Best of luck!
I unironically agree with this so much that I think we should go back to the old system.

Damn. I just found out this is a seniority based job. Give me my seniority based perks! Someone give the FAA my NATCA seniority number!

Last edited:
Coming from personal experience and for many that I know that got picked up at PCT, this is excellent advice. While being in an agency for 6 months, a president of an aviation club, or a local FACREP has actually nothing to do with your ability to work traffic, the involvement and dedication to the field speak a lot about your character. Get off your asses and show that YOU want to go there (or anywhere) and don't make excuses. People get picked up because they have formed a relationship and made themselves known to the facility they want to get to, and that facility respects your determination and drive. In turn, they attribute that personality to how committed you will be in your training. And ultimately successful at the facility. It's not about your experience, it's about your determination to succeed. And whether you like it or not, the ERR selection comes down to who knows you. And when I say that, I mean it is HOW they know you - your character and your commitment to success at their facility - NOT WHO you know. Best of luck!
Knowing people and networking CAN help but from personal experience I got picked up at my facility without knowing anyone basically. I did a fam trip once as a trainee visiting from my first facility and the person who gave the tour wasn’t even a facrep/area rep it was a non-op DUI knucklehead who still isn’t a CPC and that was 3 years ago. I didn’t volunteer for Union stuff or anything, I just clocked in and out and banged out every OT shift I got. ? after reading thru p65 threads on NCEPT I just put in paperwork to where I would wanna be and didn’t expect to get picked up and got picked up on my first go. I’m a lucky SOB I guess, just giving another perspective out there before you people go bring food to a facility they wanna be at and give a handy to the facrep out in the parking lot expecting to get picked up after that.

Knowing people and networking CAN help but from personal experience I got picked up at my facility without knowing anyone basically. I did a fam trip once as a trainee visiting from my first facility and the person who gave the tour wasn’t even a facrep/area rep it was a non-op DUI knucklehead who still isn’t a CPC and that was 3 years ago. I didn’t volunteer for Union stuff or anything, I just clocked in and out and banged out every OT shift I got. ? after reading thru p65 threads on NCEPT I just put in paperwork to where I would wanna be and didn’t expect to get picked up and got picked up on my first go. I’m a lucky SOB I guess, just giving another perspective out there before you people go bring food to a facility they wanna be at and give a handy to the facrep out in the parking lot expecting to get picked up after that.
FacReps everywhere are pissed that you are cramping on their consistent flow of parking lot action

If our facility is showing 1 possible loss on the official PPT, but on the monthly facility status and priority page on KSN it shows 0, are we still good?

Does anybody think proximity has anything to do with the ranking list? I noticed on some panels the higher ranked people on the lists are usually closer to the facility they're trying to go to. My old coworker got SNA with very little experience behind him and he was #1 on the list ahead of more experienced people at higher level facilities. And I don't think he visited or called once.

Does anybody think proximity has anything to do with the ranking list? I noticed on some panels the higher ranked people on the lists are usually closer to the facility they're trying to go to. My old coworker got SNA with very little experience behind him and he was #1 on the list ahead of more experienced people at higher level facilities. And I don't think he visited or called once.
This is all up to the ATM at the facility. Barring the facility priority number and if the people they want can still be released the ATM can choose however they want.

Some facilities like to pull from the area as feeder facilities. Some don’t give a crap and want higher level controllers if they can. Some don’t like boys and hire women. Some don’t like blondes and hire brunettes etc etc. (joking about hose last two but not really).

Yeah it just depends on the facility like Mike Kilo said. I know of a Z that takes all Z controllers from anywhere first, followed by tracon only, up/down then tower and I know of a tower that takes from close by towers and up/downs first then from the region, then from everywhere else. Other facilities (just from anecdotal experience) like to take people who are from the area and it doesn’t matter what facility you’re coming from.

I had a decent rapport with the FACREP at PCT. I drove 4.5 hours both ways for a 45 min tour at PCT once. Next cycle I jumped from low 30s to top 10 in the ATM ranking list. So, networking does work.

EDIT: I did eventually pull my paperwork from PCT for personal reasons. But, I still stand by my claim that networking and keeping in contact with the people who matter in the selection process does work.

Back
Top Bottom