February (Q2) 2023

I figured it would be. Had to call my rep to get our numbers right but they were still wrong on the PPT on the website. NCEPT is an afterthought for these mfs.

This not uploaded BS is getting old. It’s 2023. Why isn’t there a database online where we can fill out automated forms and click “send” or “upload”?
I honestly believe it is to avoid people from easily putting in for every facility in the NAS. It makes people actually have to put in some effort to put in paperwork under the current setup. I mean who really faxes anymore ??‍♂️ Just my 2 cents

Why the fuck is the STARS keyboard ABC and not QWERTY?

Look no further than the fuckholes behind the curtain
My last base before I separated from the USAF yearsssss ago used QWERTY keyboards on STARS. The ABC style of the old PIDPs are fucking stupid.

I honestly believe it is to avoid people from easily putting in for every facility in the NAS. It makes people actually have to put in some effort to put in paperwork under the current setup. I mean who really faxes anymore ??‍♂️ Just my 2 cents
I disagree. If people wanna file, they’ll file either way. And who cares if everyone puts in for every facility? They’ll get to a place and it’ll be their fault if they dislike it. Fuck ‘em.

MEARTS (edit: i had METARS typo) was the shit when I got to work on it. Any fuckin color you wanted for anything on the scope. QWERTY keyboards.

Know why such a genius machine was never mass produced? It was designed by and made by controllers. The government *cough Agency and corporations cough snakes cough* couldn’t make money off something that wasn’t their own idea.

Last edited:
METARS was the shit when I got to work on it. Any fuckin color you wanted for anything on the scope. QWERTY keyboards.

Know why such a genius machine was never mass produced? It was designed by and made by controllers. The government *cough Agency and corporations cough snakes cough* couldn’t make money off something that wasn’t their own idea.
Had MEARTS in the military. FDIO built into the keyboard would’ve eliminate every FD position in the NAS

I actually agree with this. They want it to be somewhat of a pain to do because it generates a lot of work to compile all this crap. So the less, the better generally.

I actually agree with this. They want it to be somewhat of a pain to do because it generates a lot of work to compile all this crap. So the less, the better generally.

Hanlon’s Razor.
You guys are over thinking this.

Hanlon’s Razor.
You guys are over thinking this.
Are we though lol… it wouldn’t take much to update the system and “automate” the process. I’m not to tech savvy, but I feel this can be avoided. If not, no big deal. I’ll continue to stay proficient sending faxes ?

That’s true but won’t that help in everyone case because then every facility will need 1-2 more trainees?

I'd assume yes, but I'd also assume most facilities will be under the threshold to release when the new numbers come out unless they grandfathered everyone in to their old facility numbers which makes too much sense.

Back
Top Bottom