February (Q2) 2023

Here's a hypothetical lets say you're at a facility that can release more than have ERRs out, one facility you've put in for is confirmed they are picking up one person. You have it on good authority the ATM has ranked you number one on their ranking list. Hypothetically, would you allow yourself to become...excited?
No. Your facility can be eligible to release, and their facility can be able to gain, and they have no obligation to let you transfer.

I wish you the best of luck. But don't get too excited.

Here's a hypothetical lets say you're at a facility that can release more than have ERRs out, one facility you've put in for is confirmed they are picking up one person. You have it on good authority the ATM has ranked you number one on their ranking list. Hypothetically, would you allow yourself to become...excited?
No, maybe if they’re #1 on the priority list for gains… but even then dynamic. . .

Who decides the skip? I was under the impression the ATM has the final say.
The ATM makes a ranking list of candidates eligible to be released wanting to go to their facility and submits it to the NCEPT board. That's the end of their decision making ability and power.

Please excuse my friend Move he gets a lil testy when people shit on NCEPT.
Shit on NCEPT all you want. I’ve said this a million times: there’s plenty of problems to criticize. But the misinformation is not a retardant it is a fuel. Misinformation just creates noise and the noise is deafening. If everyone is yelling your first step should be to get the guys on your own team that are yelling dumb shit to stop.

Shit on NCEPT all you want. I’ve said this a million times: there’s plenty of problems to criticize. But the misinformation is not a retardant it is a fuel. Misinformation just creates noise and the noise is deafening. If everyone is yelling your first step should be to get the guys on your own team that are yelling dumb shit to stop.
It’s pretty much an open secret at this point that some facreps use PAC contributions in their decision when they write the manager’s ranking list with the ATM. Nobody on my “My team” is filing a class-action lawsuit we’re just shitposting on a niche internet forum so don’t get your panties in a bunch. ??

I think the biggest draws for rankings for a facrep are 1) is this person going to stay here longterm/why do they want to come here?, 2) are they going to be successful here?, and 3) are they someone people can get along with?. Maybe some places care about PAC, but I know many that contribute zero and were selected. ATMs likely do similar when they call your supe/ATM and, even then, maybe they use what's actually on your ERR packet as a factor too. It's hard to know for sure since every facility does it different.

Just tell them you contribute to the PAC, but don’t actually contribute to the PAC. You really think they’ll go digging into it? Doubtful.

Just tell them you contribute to the PAC, but don’t actually contribute to the PAC. You really think they’ll go digging into it? Doubtful.
If the facrep cares about PAC then they’ll dig because it’s 1 easy search on the portal. It’s less common than the internet thinks it is. And the facrep doesn’t approve ERRs the Agency does. And some ATMs are less or more collaborative than others. Some people are ranked 1 on 1 list and dead last on another. Depends.

It’s pretty much an open secret at this point that some facreps use PAC contributions in their decision when they write the manager’s ranking list with the ATM. Nobody on my “My team” is filing a class-action lawsuit we’re just shitposting on a niche internet forum so don’t get your panties in a bunch. ??
The original post was a joke in reference to skipping people on rankings. These intangibles are not relevant at the panel after the local completes the rankings.
It’s different everywhere but yeah the NATCA guy is likely to prioritize NATCA things and contributions to a work environment that will benefit everyone they represent. The ATM who knows. Different everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom