February (Q2) 2023

RIP to everyone at facilities that would be able to release this panel if not for the agency's inability to hire adequately. All of these places can receive AGs but are below 85% projected. The one anomaly that really has to to sting is for PIE, the PPT rounded up their projected staffing to be 85.0% but says they can't release. I think the actual number is like 84.99% so technically they can't release. Their current success rate is posted at 78.3%, and if you adjust that to 78.4%, the projected actually becomes 85.0% and they are able to release 1. A true game of inches, hopefully the panel throws them a bone on that one.

ABI
AFW
AGC
AGS
ALB
ALO
ARB
AVP
BUR
FSD
FSM
HPN
HSV
MKC
PIE
PVD
SEE
SJC
TOA
YIP
78% that’s absurd, if you can’t cert at PIE you ain’t right

Where did you hear it’s coming out on the 8th?
I had my paperwork submitted on Monday and was told the next NEST selection is on the 8th and I have gotten no other information on it. Nobody seems to know how the process works. I'm just looking to see if anyone does anything more on the NEST process.

Does anyone have any information the NEST list/selection that is going to come out on Feb 8th?
Your list depends on your individual situation. Previous cpc will get every facility of your previous type and level that’s less than 100 projected on todays ppt. If you’re an AG it’ll depend on how far you made it

Your list depends on your individual situation. Previous cpc will get every facility of your previous type and level that’s less than 100 projected on todays ppt. If you’re an AG it’ll depend on how far you made it
I was a previous experience hire, made it through Tower at a lvl 5 up down, did not complete radar training. So as far as I was told, they "think" that I will get slist of lvl 4 and 5 VFR Tower only facilities to go to next. They do not have a very clear answer for me

I was a previous experience hire, made it through Tower at a lvl 5 up down, did not complete radar training. So as far as I was told, they "think" that I will get slist of lvl 4 and 5 VFR Tower only facilities to go to next. They do not have a very clear answer for me
That or Alaska flight service or termination. What else could they offer you?

That or Alaska flight service or termination. What else could they offer you?
I have no idea lol As far as I know it will be a lvl 4 or 5 VFR Tower only facility, I will get a list to choose from but, nobody knows when I'll get the list. The deadline to put my paperwork in was Monday, which was completed, from there all I have been able to get is that on Feb 8th is the next selection. I'm just trying to find information on how the NEST process works. I'm not being fired from the agency and I'm not being moved to FSS, just that I was going to be transferred to a VFR Tower only. This is all that has been told to me by the TRB and management.

Pretty sure if you achieve a tower cert, they will offer the low level tower-only places. You won’t know your list until you get your list though. You can check the NCEPT PPTs to gauge what you might get though. Anything under on staffing and under on training usually will be seen. You can probably expect the places nobody particularly tries to go to (Nantucket, Napa, etc).

RIP to everyone at facilities that would be able to release this panel if not for the agency's inability to hire adequately. All of these places can receive AGs but are below 85% projected. The one anomaly that really has to to sting is for PIE, the PPT rounded up their projected staffing to be 85.0% but says they can't release. I think the actual number is like 84.99% so technically they can't release. Their current success rate is posted at 78.3%, and if you adjust that to 78.4%, the projected actually becomes 85.0% and they are able to release 1. A true game of inches, hopefully the panel throws them a bone on that one.

ABI
AFW
AGC
AGS
ALB
ALO
ARB
AVP
BUR
FSD
FSM
HPN
HSV
MKC
PIE
PVD
SEE
SJC
TOA
YIP
Pain

Who do we contact if our numbers are wrong? Says we have 9 CPCs instead of 10. Huge difference when our number is 11.

I'm not being fired from the agency and I'm not being moved to FSS, just that I was going to be transferred to a VFR Tower only. This is all that has been told to me by the TRB and management.
Well it doesn’t mean that it won’t work out for you, but “management” fed you a line of shit since they have no barring on what the NEST will do, and the TRB people are a step prior to that and also have no bearing on NEST decisions.

Hopefully you get a level four tower but it’s no guarantee since most stand alone level four towers are busier then a level five up/down tower.

You were also advised poorly to rush to get the paperwork in for this panel. Opportunities for retention are usually done on a quasi first come first served basis for people of equal qualifications based on when the paperwork was submitted for that NEST panel. So it would have been better to wait a week and be the first guy submitted to the next panel not the last guy for this one.

I wish you had better people guiding you through this process but it seems like the Fac Rep either doesn’t care or is totally oblivious to how it works.

Couple dream spots are available this time around for someone. Only 163 possible losses throughout the NAS. Some spots I noticed that don't usually take many are:

FACILITYGAINS IN ROUND 1
CLT6
A905
DFW4
I904
PBI4
PCT4
ATL3
DEN2
P502
S462
SEA2
RDU1

All of the 12s can take at least 1 in round 1. All of the 8s and 9s can gain in round 2 except for SFB and FFZ.

Where do see you this? The new PPT has ATL at 0 gains to national average.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom