General Questions

Does anyone know if the recent NCEPT changes will have an effect on prior exp placements. I'm just curious to see since there were basically no round 2 selections, will those facilities still get people of the prior exp bid?

Does anyone know if the recent NCEPT changes will have an effect on prior exp placements. I'm just curious to see since there were basically no round 2 selections, will those facilities still get people of the prior exp bid?

Most likely, they are completely separate from each other and the Prev Exp will chug along with placement as necessary.

Does anyone know if you can ERR from a 2152 Headquarters position to CPC if you were CPC prior to the HQ position?

Does anyone know if you can ERR from a 2152 Headquarters position to CPC if you were CPC prior to the HQ position?

I don't know the answer, but I highly doubt it. I don't think there are facilities you can be eligible to ERR out of, but not into? It would probably be called something other than an ERR, even if it is ostensibly the same thing. I thought everything was bright and sunny in HQ, paved w gold, and everyone capped out... Amirite?

I've seen ERRs out of HQ/Region for other 2152 positions. They weren't into a CPC position though. Most common is just submitting applications through USAJobs.

The numbers under Cat 1 and Cat 2, do you need that number plus one more to release someone? Or once you hit whatever number under Cat 2 allows you to let one go?

The numbers under Cat 1 and Cat 2, do you need that number plus one more to release someone? Or once you hit whatever number under Cat 2 allows you to let one go?

That's the number of CPC AOB needed to enter that category of release.

Does anyone know how temp assignments in the facility of 180 days are treated regarding the AOB CPC numbers? Do they stay in the AOB or are they removed?

Same question for temp FLM assignments. Do they stay in the AOB?

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer.

Does anyone know how temp assignments in the facility of 180 days are treated regarding the AOB CPC numbers? Do they stay in the AOB or are they removed?

Same question for temp FLM assignments. Do they stay in the AOB?

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer.
There's a column in the placement tool labeled "CPC on Temp" as well as one labeled "CPC on Long Term Hold".
The current number of CPCs won't change if there's someone on either a temporary assignment or a long term hold, however it will affect the "Current CPC To Target" percentage down by however many people are on temp/hold status. Also negatively impacts the "Projected % To Target" column.

CPC number (minus temps/holds) then divided by the CPC target number will give the current CPC percentage.

There's a column in the placement tool labeled "CPC on Temp" as well as one labeled "CPC on Long Term Hold".
The current number of CPCs won't change if there's someone on either a temporary assignment or a long term hold, however it will affect the "Current CPC To Target" percentage down by however many people are on temp/hold status. Also negatively impacts the "Projected % To Target" column.

CPC number (minus temps/holds) then divided by the CPC target number will give the current CPC percentage.

Thanks for the info. I guess I don't understand why someone on a 180 day temp would ever be subtracted since they can bypass the release policy in the first place.

Thanks for the info. I guess I don't understand why someone on a 180 day temp would ever be subtracted since they can bypass the release policy in the first place.
They can't bypass the release policy unless they get a deviation approved into a permanent position.
Say they take a 180-day temp supervisor position at their facility, and then is selected as a permanent supervisor (either at same facility or another facility.) They don't get an automatic release unless that facility is able to release per the release policy. The deviation can be denied and they'll return to CPC-world at the end of the temp 180 days.

They can't bypass the release policy unless they get a deviation approved into a permanent position.
Say they take a 180-day temp supervisor position at their facility, and then is selected as a permanent supervisor (either at same facility or another facility.) They don't get an automatic release unless that facility is able to release per the release policy. The deviation can be denied and they'll return to CPC-world at the end of the temp 180 days.
Or they can just assign them another 180 day temp assignment at the end of the first one, lots of ways for them to work around that.

I was referring to the 180 temp assignment. That does not fall under the national release policy, right? If that is the case then they should not be subtracted from CPC numbers. This 180 temp I am referring to cannot be extended or made permanent.

I was referring to the 180 temp assignment. That does not fall under the national release policy, right? If that is the case then they should not be subtracted from CPC numbers. This 180 temp I am referring to cannot be extended or made permanent.
They still show as a CPC in the building, but also show in the column for "CPC on Temp."
If there's 20 CPCs in the building with a target of 25, the current CPC column is 80%. Now if one of them take a temp spot, the CPC column will show 76% for the duration of the 180 day temp.
If there was 19 CPCs with nobody on temp details, the CPC column will also show 76%.

Why hasn't any news come out from last week's meeting/mock panel? I thought we'd be hearing about forthcoming changes and the next panel date.

I'd expect it Wednesday at the earliest, same time they update the lists as well so could just be convenience thing.

Back
Top Bottom