LOUD NOISES

I don't have a problem with new folks. I have a problem with new folks that want to tell you that the system is broken when they don't even understand how it presently works, don't even understand how you move within the pay scales but then tell you to plant some seeds for them so they can enjoy the shade. Stay right there, let me just go grab some of my COVID haul of TP so I can wipe their ass too.
That wasn’t about you. Couldn’t be less interested in a conversation between two people who aren’t listening to each other enough to realize they’re arguing about different things.

Edit: I can’t spell “two”

I always find it ironic when baby boomers complain about millennials when baby boomers and Gen-X raised millennials. Contrary to popular belief we didn’t make our own participation ribbons, our parents made them for us.
Joke’s on them, I pulled myself up by my boot straps and DID make my own participation ribbons. Now I’m prepared to reward myself for all the things I think are worthwhile.

I like Gen Z’s sense of humor. Us millennials may not have eaten tide pods, but we did destroy the _____ industry, so I guess they’re not so bad.

We all got too much time on our hands with this 5/10 off business. Really wish we were arguing about the upcoming (cancelled) NCEPT instead.
No arguments left to be had. NCEPT has run its course now.

All high level facilities are staffed up (minus the obvious that is N90, ZNY, Atlanta, Chicago) and new hires have more of a selection than those who are trying to transfer as a current CPC. I said this on the (now defunct) latest NCEPT panel thread. Plenty of time now to contemplate a hardship case though ??

I always find it ironic when baby boomers complain about millennials when baby boomers and Gen-X raised millennials. Contrary to popular belief we didn’t make our own participation ribbons, our parents made them for us.

Im not a boomer! Boomers only know how to use Tinder and Spy on female trainees Facebook & Instas on their old school holstered cell phones. They couldnt possibly post P.65 hot takes ?

Holsta.jpg

Also add on not knowing if you will ever get to leave your first facility if you do certify.
This. There are two different FAA’s. The one that people get to transfer around to their hearts content, and the FAA where you’re chronically understaffed and you have no hope of ever getting out.

Last edited:
This. There are two different FAA’s. The one that people get to transfer around to their hearts content, and the FAA where you’re chronically understaffed and you have no hope of ever getting out.

Don't forget about the newer NCEPT FAA which even if you have a release the 18 facilities you have paperwork into can't take anyone.

Close facilities and consolidate. No one cares about flint, Moses lake, Erie, El Paso, etc.
I bet if you polled those facilities 30-50% wouldn’t want to move and train again. It is short sighted to think closing down any facilities will improve staffing in the FAA. Can those people even certify at bigger airports? Do you think they should be fired just because they can’t run ORD ground? Yes that’s an exaggeration but it will happen. The faa would just count those people transferring into their new facility as new hire numbers and slow the academy down.

I bet if you polled those facilities 30-50% wouldn’t want to move and train again. It is short sighted to think closing down any facilities will improve staffing in the FAA. Can those people even certify at bigger airports? Do you think they should be fired just because they can’t run ORD ground? Yes that’s an exaggeration but it will happen. The faa would just count those people transferring into their new facility as new hire numbers and slow the academy down.

So by your estimate 50-70 percent wouldn’t mind moving. That seems like something that would warrant serious consideration. Also, I’m really curious what percentage of staffing of the facilities that should be consolidated or closed, assume 8 and below, have errs to leave. I bet you, in general It’s very high. Does anyone have any actual data on that? How about a poll at low level facilities on here, what percentage of your work force has errs out? And the way the ncept is working the people who get ord now can’t work ord ground. Wash outs are wash outs, and statistics don’t lie, in general successful trainees at a 2nd or 3rd facility are prettyhigh. I think the movement would be incredible and for a little bit slowing down the acedmy wouldn’t matter. You would inject certified controllers to facilities so that controllers everywhere might have a chance to move sooner than they do now. Also, In my opinion you can’t really argue an 85 percent staffing requirement for movement. It is a good idea for everything, leave, training, details, career progression (not managment but whatever you want your career to be), facility improvements, etc etc. I think consolidations and closures would improve that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom