May (Q2) 2021

Yeah, you can find decent prices, especially if you're willing to commute. Not to mention if this "housing crash" ever happens, there might be some really good deals out there. I'm just saying from a staffing perspective. I know at least one area is incredibly short (though another is quite fat), and that there are a number of people who want out, provided that they are ever able to be released
If I ever got there I’d probably just commute from Frederick, but my life is waiting on stuff till I get towards home so??‍♂️

ZDC and we can’t release for two more years?
How are you gonna complain you can't get a release when you haven't even certified yet?
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Anyone know what long term hold means
It's people on the books who still have a right to return the facility but are currently not working. If you look on ksn, there's holds for Guam (return rights), military deployments, medical (where people expect to get their medical back eventually), and union holds (think your high up union guys that were just elected and don't work traffic.) These hold, at least in my experience, typically suck because they count as an inbound and add to the projections, even though in my facility's case the guy on military hold is almost certainly never coming back. Meanwhile, they don't count as a cpc for releasing so it double fucks the numbers.

It's people on the books who still have a right to return the facility but are currently not working. If you look on ksn, there's holds for Guam (return rights), military deployments, medical (where people expect to get their medical back eventually), and union holds (think your high up union guys that were just elected and don't work traffic.) These hold, at least in my experience, typically suck because they count as an inbound and add to the projections, even though in my facility's case the guy on military hold is almost certainly never coming back. Meanwhile, they don't count as a cpc for releasing so it double fucks the numbers.
I think mine is retiring

Well we had a couple losses hit so we’re no longer green. ?
At least it doesn’t suck here. Maybe next time.

Any indications on how often they intend to hold panels?

From today's (May 5th) final NCEPT run, the following facilities are eligible to pick up at least one person:

A80 A90 ANC ATL BFL BOI BOS C90 CMH CVG D01 D10 DAB DEN EWR F11 FFZ FLL I90 IAH ICT JCF JFK L30 LAS M98 MEM MSY NCT OAK ORD ORF PHL PUB SAT SAV SCT SDF SFO SNA STL TEB ZDC ZFW ZID ZLA ZMA ZME ZOB ZSE ZTL

Newly eligible since 4/28: BFL F11 FFZ JCF
Dropped since 4/28: ZAB
Any idea when they’ll rank facilities by priority on this list and how that looks?

Any idea when they’ll rank facilities by priority on this list and how that looks?
When: May 24th. How it looks: Smaller facilities will be higher than they have in the past. But I'm only saying that because I read the NATCA document and the KSN page, I have zero inside information...

Back
Top Bottom