May (Q2) 2021

My Rep didn’t get selected because the facility he was trying to go to picked one less than they were supposed to given the rules. He’s a really good person and I feel for him. We also had another guy who knew he was ranked #3 at a facility get passed up for someone down the list

Our facility could release two and instead we lost one, a 2 month certified CPC to a big TRACON… dynamic decisions

This system is so fucked and it shows that even the manager rankings just don’t matter. The panel throws them out the Window and picks whomever.

Last edited:
NCEPT wasn't meant to be an end all to the transfers process, it was meant to solve the 3/4/5 year releases that were a part of the old bidding process. In that respect, NCEPT has succeeded amazingly by taking the release control out of ATM hands.
When was a 3/4/5 year release ever a thing? HR/OPM only allow for 2 year max.

My Rep didn’t get selected because the facility he was trying to go to picked one less than they were supposed to given the rules. He’s a really good person and I feel for him. We also had another guy who knew he was ranked #3 at a facility get passed up for someone down the list

Our facility could release two and instead we lost one, a 2 month certified CPC to a level 11 TRACON… dynamic decisions

This system is so fucked and it shows that even the manager rankings just don’t matter. The panel throws them out the Window and picks whomever.
Found the F11 winner!

Our facility could release two and instead we lost one, a 2 month certified CPC to a big TRACON… dynamic decisions

He was lied to

Shouldn't be hard to find out if the list gets FOIA requested again. It would be pretty dumb for the panel to just not use the rankings, but i also wouldn't put it past them.
This is the sounding like the most dynamic decision-y panel yet. Usually it’s pretty straightforward.

Shouldn't be hard to find out if the list gets FOIA requested again. It would be pretty dumb for the panel to just not use the rankings, but i also wouldn't put it past them.
The FOIA will show it. Stopping selections short is heartbreaking. But the other guy was lied to by the rep or lied to by the ATM or the rep was lied to by the ATM.

He didn’t see the final rankings then.

I just don’t believe they skipped someone. Or his facility was no longer able to release. There must be something.
I wouldn’t be surprised if his facility already had an outbound selected for an OS position and a dynamic decision was made.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his facility already had an outbound selected for an OS position and a dynamic decision was made.
All outbounds are reflected in the projected. Besides that aspect, outbound types are not relevant data that’s considered at the panel.

Back
Top Bottom