November (Q1) 2023

How come no one talks about how it’s like impossible to get out of a center. When you look at these lists only a handful of center controllers can move. Even though center controllers are over half the total controllers
Because nobody feels bad when someone is complaining about being stuck in the 10/11/12 club, when they’re stuck at the 5/6/7 updowns.

How come no one talks about how it’s like impossible to get out of a center. When you look at these lists only a handful of center controllers can move. Even though center controllers are over half the total controllers
Speaking of out of touch: no one talks about it because it’s made up. Maybe you’re taking your own experience and generalizing it to others but ZLC leads the entire NAS in ERR outbounds and ZKC and ZMP and ZAU have had the opportunity to send tons of controllers anywhere over the passed few years. ZHU has been green a bunch but no one leaves anything Houston because it’s the biggest scam in the FAA. Before that in 2018-19 there were lots of green centers

Speaking of out of touch: no one talks about it because it’s made up. Maybe you’re taking your own experience and generalizing it to others but ZLC leads the entire NAS in ERR outbounds and ZKC and ZMP and ZAU have had the opportunity to send tons of controllers anywhere over the passed few years. ZHU has been green a bunch but no one leaves anything Houston because it’s the biggest scam in the FAA. Before that in 2018-19 there were lots of green centers
Idk just looking at the recent lists. Don’t see Z too often.

10/11/12 club member here and there’s many of us that would swap down to the 5/6/7 updown club if it meant finally getting to our desired facility instead of having no way to get there other than
And there are just as many trapped in these small updowns in non desirable locations not making 140k a year. So it’s hard to feel bad for the ones stuck making the big bucks.

One center was able to release last panel. Any bets on how many will be able to release in the next two years? 140k doesn’t get you far when the rent is 3000/month my sweet summer children.

One center was able to release last panel. Any bets on how many will be able to release in the next two years? 140k doesn’t get you far when the rent is 3000/month my sweet summer children.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for people complaining about being stuck somewhere while being able to comfortably max their TSP. There's 3000/mo rents in tons of places where people are stuck making sub $100k and can't come close to maxing their TSP comfortably.

Well, I’m a rep at a center and I see the unnecessary strain this bullshit puts on younger controllers and their families so I guess I have a different perspective. As other people have pointed out not just a few of them are trying to get to lower levels. I could go on and on with stories but it seems like everyone is more about facility tribalism than solidarity so I’ll save it.

Well, I’m a rep at a center and I see the unnecessary strain this bullshit puts on younger controllers and their families so I guess I have a different perspective. As other people have pointed out not just a few of them are trying to get to lower levels. I could go on and on with stories but it seems like everyone is more about facility tribalism than solidarity so I’ll save it.
Take those same families and instead of being stuck at ZOA, they’re at PAO/ASE/ACK or any other low level in the same/similar COL areas and maybe you see the point. Sucks to be stuck somewhere you don’t want to be in general, but making $140+ eases some of the stress a little more than $80-100. Also, at least at 15 years the people stuck at a 10-12 can utilize the contract to go somewhere else.

Center controllers crying over NCEPT.
Sorta j/k

GIF by Giphy QA

No I get it. 130k will pay $3000 rent/mortgage and feed a family of 5. Pay all bills. Max tsp. Leaves you with not much left over to do things on your weekend. Housing is the biggest factor in this entire thing. I don’t know how people do it

Take those same families and instead of being stuck at ZOA, they’re at PAO/ASE/ACK or any other low level in the same/similar COL areas and maybe you see the point. Sucks to be stuck somewhere you don’t want to be in general, but making $140+ eases some of the stress a little more than $80-100. Also, at least at 15 years the people stuck at a 10-12 can utilize the contract to go somewhere else.
It’s not a contest. It sucks for everyone. But it’s wild how hard it is to get out of a center now. The sup bids soak up absolutely anyone above the release number. Plus staffing Varys wildly between areas.

Back
Top Bottom