Pay (FAQ)

Anyone have any clue how long pay raises take to process onto your LES? I just got my first two D-sides on Thursday, so does Friday start the new pay rate? Thanks!
Your pay rate start immediately. The amount of time till you see it is up to whoever does the paperwork at your facility. I’ve seen it take 2 weeks or 2 months.

Anyone know how pay raises work for Dev hardship transfers? I was at the D2 band with six D sides at one center when I hard shipped to another center. I’m doing a D-R side training plan and am currently completely certified on 2 sectors and have a 3rd d side on the sector I’m current training radar on. Despite having two R sides, I was recently told I wouldn’t see the D3 raise until I certify on 8 total positions including D sides. I can not find this in the contract or anywhere else and was curious if anyone had a similar experience or knew if this was standard.

Anyone know how pay raises work for Dev hardship transfers? I was at the D2 band with six D sides at one center when I hard shipped to another center. I’m doing a D-R side training plan and am currently completely certified on 2 sectors and have a 3rd d side on the sector I’m current training radar on. Despite having two R sides, I was recently told I wouldn’t see the D3 raise until I certify on 8 total positions including D sides. I can not find this in the contract or anywhere else and was curious if anyone had a similar experience or knew if this was standard.
You follow the normal promotion schedule for the facility.

the answer you got is not true. it is actually calculated off your pay WITHOUT your locality, your base pay
You are correct however that’s called BASIC pay. Base pay includes locality but no differentials.

CIP is premium pay similar to night diff, Sunday, holiday, etc. It‘s added on to the base pay (ie. Pay rate plus locality)
CIP is calculated from BASIC pay. Not including locality.

Do you know where this is documented?
I’ve been looking and can’t find it. Not in the contract.

Edit: the 5% ATC Premium pay for DoD is paid AFTER locality. I assumed CIP would be too because it’s a premium pay

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I'm looking for more info. All other premiums are on base.
Sorry just got home from work but as others have said, I checked when I worked at my first facility, CIP was 10%, but the $/hr was less than 10% of my hourly rate. If nobody else can find the reference I’ll do some digging around tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom