September (Q4) 2019

My last two facilities I knew nobody. It helps but not necessary. One facility I played the game and visited and stayed in touch. The other absolutely nothing as it was better than where I was but not where I wanted to end up.
Sounds like a good game plan. I’ll definitely use some networking and persistency when the time comes.

One thing I've found is NATCA prefers the "4 month CPC from a Level 5" to the "8 year CPC from a 9" because they get to keep their seniority and schedule they want. (And maybe being an 8 year CPC at a 9 doesn't make you a better controller than being a 4 month CPC from a 5 and they know that too)

Found the 4 month CPC from the level 5

So that means ncept has been abolished and something reasonable and more sensible has taken its place?
source.gif

After reviewing the selections made this past NCEPT cycle I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with. Please correct me if I’m wrong, it was my understanding that if a facility had 4 possible gains with much more than 4 on the ERR list that the facility would fill all 4 slots?

For example: MIA had 16 possible gains only picked up 7
NCT had 17 possible gains only picked up 7
PHL had 12 possible gains only picked up 7
SCT 20 possible picked up 3
JFK 10 possible picked up 2
PCT 6 possible picked up 0
ORD 11 possible picked up 6

Can someone explain to me why this is? Does this mean that there was only that many employees available to select off the ERR list by the time it got to those facilities? Or was there another factor or change that occurred that I must have missed?

After reviewing the selections made this past NCEPT cycle I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with. Please correct me if I’m wrong, it was my understanding that if a facility had 4 possible gains with much more than 4 on the ERR list that the facility would fill all 4 slots?

Can someone explain to me why this is? Does this mean that there was only that many employees available to select off the ERR list by the time it got to those facilities? Or was there another factor or change that occurred that I must have missed?

This NCEPT round they used slightly different. numbers for gaining/releasing making some facilities releasing fewer or gaining fewer than the vacancy list showed.

They also added a modifier to the trainee/CPC ratio that might have limited how many a facility could select. No more than 30% trainees.

Then there are the release factors. More people may have had ERRs in, but their facilities could not release, or already released one person and could not get anyone else out.

There also could have been “dynamic decisions” being made that limited movement.

The new MOU lists the temporary changes and they only staffed up to 85% (called NCEPT target) instead of natl avg. If they keep these restrictions in place next panel they will add a ppt column for it so the it's easier to see actual picks to be expected.

The new MOU lists the temporary changes and they only staffed up to 85% (called NCEPT target) instead of natl avg. If they keep these restrictions in place next panel they will add a ppt column for it so the it's easier to see actual picks to be expected.
This NCEPT round they used slightly different. numbers for gaining/releasing making some facilities releasing fewer or gaining fewer than the vacancy list showed.

They also added a modifier to the trainee/CPC ratio that might have limited how many a facility could select. No more than 30% trainees.

Then there are the release factors. More people may have had ERRs in, but their facilities could not release, or already released one person and could not get anyone else out.

There also could have been “dynamic decisions” being made that limited movement.

Thank you both for your prompt responses. That makes a lot more sense now. Do you happen to know where I can find this MOU? Does it come out through a NATCA email, or do you find out off of KSN site?

Back
Top Bottom