1st QTR 2018

Does anyone know when CAT 1 move deadline would be? should mid March right?

Is it 3 months from TOL or three months from selection? I'm curious as well.
Cat 1 releases have to occur before March 18, they can be pushed back to June 10th if the employee would like. Cat 2 releases have to occur before 12/9

Also congrats NH, I know it's been a long time coming for you, happy to see it working out for some of the guys who've been struggling since day 1.

My apologies if this has been addressed, but if someone denies the selection, what happens to that spot? Do they move to next on the list or is it rolled into a spot on the next panel?

My apologies if this has been addressed, but if someone denies the selection, what happens to that spot? Do they move to next on the list or is it rolled into a spot on the next panel?
If someone denies the selection, they blocked the facility and other members from advancing their careers. You'll have to wait until next panel.

They don't move to the next person, it's just lost until the next panel.

Thank you.

FFS, if you know before the panel that you will deny the selection, remove your ERR.

If you look at last round there were around 36 declines offers. That’s 36 other people that could have moved, and 36 spots facilities could have filled to allow those people movement. It is bullshit and they need to be held accountable when declining an offer.

Glad someone got the list from KSN... Am I looking in the wrong place or is the NATCA website still not updated?

Why does NCEPT fail to help the people that have a legitimate swap in? It’s a one for one swap that didn’t get approved this go around when both people were eligible and not even considered. Would an eligible swap that would improve the moral of both employees not make sense?

Why does NCEPT fail to help the people that have a legitimate swap in? It’s a one for one swap that didn’t get approved this go around when both people were eligible and not even considered. Would an eligible swap that would improve the moral of both employees not make sense?
Assuming you're currently at ZME. ZME could release 3 people this panel. 3 people got selected. Swaps are looked at after the NCEPT has completed, meaning both facilities need to stay eligible the entire NCEPT (very, very hard). Once the third person from ZME was selected, all further ERR's and Swaps from ZME are ineligible.

Both facilities were above the staffing numbers required. Does NCEPT take into account the NATCA seniority or CPC date of one or both controllers? It seems the seniority in NATCA takes precedence everywhere but in swaps in that case. In that case, With all due respect personal just checking in one facility shouldn’t be considered over someone who has more seniority in NATCA.

were above
Right, but both facilities must not have been above the national average after NCEPT selected the other people out of those facilities. Swaps are considered after all other selections, and if the facility still isn't at least Category 2, the swap isn't happening.

And no, NCEPT does not take seniority in consideration.

Both facilities were above the staffing numbers required. Does NCEPT take into account the NATCA seniority or CPC date of one or both controllers? It seems the seniority in NATCA takes precedence everywhere but in swaps in that case. In that case, With all due respect personal just checking in one facility shouldn’t be considered over someone who has more seniority in NATCA.
ZME was not above the required staffing numbers for a swap, if you're not at ZME, you can PM me the two facilities involved for a breakdown.

Roger that to both. I was told both were above the magical number. So ERR is the only way to go. The swap was for zme and ztl controllers. We’re still gonna leave it there but there should be some presedice where those go first, there’s no reason to push them to the back of the line, then base them on what if scenarios when it has the potential to make all parties for the better off.

Roger that to both. I was told both were above the magical number. So ERR is the only way to go. The swap was for zme and ztl controllers. We’re still gonna leave it there but there should be some presedice where those go first, there’s no reason to push them to the back of the line, then base them on what if scenarios when it has the potential to make all parties for the better off.
ZTL wasn't able to release anyone as they were below the national average.
If you had submitted an ERR you'd have had a chance.

It's unfortunate, but that's the current state of swaps. Both facilities were ineligible once it came time to review swaps. It's shitty, but you need to view a swap as a fall back option and put in an ERR into the facility as well.

I was in the same boat waiting for a guy to be eligible to swap (one year CPC) and when he finally could their facility dropped to below cat two and stranded me. I could have had a chance at numerous NCEPT ERR rounds but was planning the swap. After that happened I started ERRing on top of the swap.

Bottom line take care of yourself first. Because that other guy will too.

Yeah I’m upset. And I’m going on 8 Years now with nothing. So I’m fed up. It’s time to change the broken system.
I understand your frustration in not getting what you want, but below is a prime example of why we have tried so hard to educate people on this forum about this process.

September 2017 NCEPT Panel
ZME - Could Release 9
ZTL - Could Receive 18
Guaranteed Selection with an ERR - Yes

Back
Top Bottom