1st QTR 2018

Any guesses how many people decline offers this round? I’m gonna say 19. Hopefullynowhere near last rounds numbers.
I wonder if the increase in declined offers was mostly lead by larger facilities that were eligible to release large numbers of controllers and had less then their allotted releases bidding out. So the pressure to except is lower because the guy you're screwing is not in house. Kind of a similiar problem they were having under the old system.
Seems like some kind of a temporary disqualification after a declined offer is a no brainer, I wonder what the perceived drawback is.

Yes Cat1. We’ve had a couple people leave since last ppt and hee trying to get it changed to Cat 2 now
Nothing he can do, if you were selected at the time the facility was cat 1 then you will have a release date 3 months from selection or up to 6 months at the discretion of the employee. It’s pretty clear cut in black and white. Sucks that a manager is trying to do that some folks. Good luck and congrats on the selection

One week is a little optimistic for FAA HR to call 212 people with job offers. Expect them to trickle out in the next two-three weeks.

How easy is it for an ATm to Block a Cat 1? He wants to get it changed from Cat 1 to Cat 2? Could I possibly fight it?
I don’t believe that he can just change your release date to a cat 2 if you are cat 1.
Great Lakes called me to confirm acceptance and said to expect my TOL tomorrow via email.
damn. that was fast! did they contact you at work or at home?

They call your personal number that you have on file. Offer letters have been known to go to your FAA email, so keep an eye out there.

They call your personal number that you have on file. Offer letters have been known to go to your FAA email, so keep an eye out there.
Don't neglect your FAA email if HR contacts you via cell and personal email on file. If you need an elevated security clearance you could be contacted by them through FAA email.

So if I have a cat 1 release based on current numbers and then someone decides to randomly retire out of the blue.....is that gonna affect my release date?

For anyone expecting a TOL, it may come sooner than the 28th which someone posted earlier. I just got mine this morning.

Also, can anyone here verify something about security clearances? Several people from my facility have gotten picked up at centers and had to get a new security clearance. Ive been told that is only because they are going to an enroute facility, but not sure if thats true. Will I have to get a higher security clearance for going to a level 12 terminal facility?

For anyone expecting a TOL, it may come sooner than the 28th which someone posted earlier. I just got mine this morning.

Also, can anyone here verify something about security clearances? Several people from my facility have gotten picked up at centers and had to get a new security clearance. Ive been told that is only because they are going to an enroute facility, but not sure if thats true. Will I have to get a higher security clearance for going to a level 12 terminal facility?
No... Only enroute facilities require top secret... Terminal, regardless of level, only require public trust. The only change in this is I believe all new hires are filling out top secret clearances from the get go...

No... Only enroute facilities require top secret... Terminal, regardless of level, only require public trust. The only change in this is I believe all new hires are filling out top secret clearances from the get go...
Could depend on facility. No shot D.C. area is just public trust. But I'm just guessing.

Pretty sure I only have a public trust, but honestly don’t know the difference when it comes to the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom