3rd Quarter 2017

When's the next priority list update?

I second the motion.. Especially because stuff changed so much in between last panels updates it will be interesting to see what the an updated version of this one has on it or if there is not as much change.

I second the motion.. Especially because stuff changed so much in between last panels updates it will be interesting to see what the an updated version of this one has on it or if there is not as much change.
They've been keeping it updated one one of the links on the main NCEPT page, in the center above the text.

It's now just a link on the NCEPT page, not a word document. Last update was just after the 3/29 PPT.

I have seen that, just not sure if it will update again or if that is the list they will run for the upcoming panel. Thanks!

My ATM thinks it will update soon, just before they start looking at placement for the NEST that happened April 18. So hopefully soon.

Quick question, and i'm sure it has been asked already (just can't find it with search). What happens when someone has 4-5 err in and they are offered a place they no longer want to go to? They turn it down and the other 4 err are still active and they have to wait until the next selection board?

Quick question, and i'm sure it has been asked already (just can't find it with search). What happens when someone has 4-5 err in and they are offered a place they no longer want to go to? They turn it down and the other 4 err are still active and they have to wait until the next selection board?
I believe once you are offered a facility all other ERRs drop out. I thought there was some sort of penalty for turning it down as well but I could be making that up.

Yes, all your other ERRs would remain in the system.

Your best option would be to contact HR and request them to remove your ERR to the facility you're no longer interested in. Then you wouldn't be considered for that facility if it's the highest priority of all your ERRs and wouldn't have to wait for the next NCEPT for your remaining ERRs.

The NCEPT KSN page has the deadline dates for each upcoming panel. I think you'd have to request an ERR removal prior to the last submission date for the ERRs.

I believe once you are offered a facility all other ERRs drop out. I thought there was some sort of penalty for turning it down as well but I could be making that up.

All other ERRs drop out once you accept a TOL to a new facility. The "penalty" you might be thinking of is if you want to be reconsidered for a facility you declined, you have to refile the ERR paperwork.

This should go without saying, but if anyone at your facility has ERRs in to places they could be selected for but would turn down, they're a gigantic piece of shit. It isn't as simple as 'oh he/she turned it down, it goes to the next person'. The entire NCEPT panel has already met, facility that fill all their available vacancies can't just take person X who should've been eligible. The only time I've heard of it 'working out' is if the next available person had an ERR into a place that didn't fill all of their vacancies. Not only does this potentially screw over potential co-workers, if you get selected for a facility that filled all their available vacancies, you're taking a spot away from someone who would've actually gone.

This should go without saying, but if anyone at your facility has ERRs in to places they could be selected for but would turn down, they're a gigantic piece of shit. It isn't as simple as 'oh he/she turned it down, it goes to the next person'. The entire NCEPT panel has already met, facility that fill all their available vacancies can't just take person X who should've been eligible. The only time I've heard of it 'working out' is if the next available person had an ERR into a place that didn't fill all of their vacancies. Not only does this potentially screw over potential co-workers, if you get selected for a facility that filled all their available vacancies, you're taking a spot away from someone who would've actually gone.

Preach... amen

Everyone at an eligible fac should put an ERR in for the top priority facs and turn them down just to prove a point.

The penalty is the guard gets paid off to kill the camera feed and then you get assaulted in the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom