August 2018

What is the over/under how many turn down their selection screwing their brothers or sisters?
That is the next thing NCEPT should address. I understand people's plans change. They should put in place a "next man/women up" kind of system for when people turn down jobs. All that would do is help staffing more

What is the over/under how many turn down their selection screwing their brothers or sisters?

I’ve watched a couple old coworkers appear on more then one ncept list with offers after turning down one....

it’s sad, as with the dynamics of it, you might not have screwed the person working with you, but someone else somewhere else...

That is the next thing NCEPT should address. I understand people's plans change. They should put in place a "next man/women up" kind of system for when people turn down jobs. All that would do is help staffing more

This is the best suggestion I have seen to fix this issue.

And no not STL

This is the best suggestion I have seen to fix this issue.
Except how will you do it? Next person at the releasing facility can go? What if the facility they desire to go to has no openings? Next person to be selected for the turned down facility can go? What if the facility the next person is at can not longer release someone?

Except how will you do it? Next person at the releasing facility can go? What if the facility they desire to go to has no openings? Next person to be selected for the turned down facility can go? What if the facility the next person is at can not longer release someone?
They would simply reset the timeline as if the employee that turned it down had never bid it at all and see who would of been selected instead.

They would simply reset the timeline as if the employee that turned it down had never bid it at all and see who would of been selected instead.

What happens if say guy from ABC gets selected and later turns down XYZ which had one opening high on priority ranking. Guy from DEF wanted to go to XYZ but they only had one slot, and DEF only had one release and he wasn’t selected because he was ranked lower then guy from ABC.

So now different gal at DEF gets to go to GHI which is lower on priority list. Good for her though.

Do you take away release from girl at DEF and let guy go? This doesn’t even take into account the waterfall affect of releases that this could affect.

I think best is if you turn down offer letter, no offer letters for one year from date TOL or FOL is rejected.

Last edited:
What happens if say guy from ABC gets selected and later turns down XYZ which had one opening high on priority ranking. Guy from DEF wanted to go to XYZ but they only had one slot, and DEF only had one release and he wasn’t selected or was ranked lower. So now different gal at DEF gets to go to GHI which is lower on priority list.

Do you take away release from girl at DEF and let guy go? This doesn’t even take into account the waterfall affect of releases that this could affect.

I think best is if you turn down offer letter, no offer letters for one year from date TOL or FOL is rejected.
I get the whole"domino effect" it could cause. But all those what ifs I would think the NCEPT board members should be able to come up with to make it run smoother. I wouldn't go with punishment so quickly. People have lives outside of work and things happen

Anyone know what happened to the meeting minutes, I thought they were talking about discussing some type of wait period or penalty multiple ERRs are denied

I get the whole"domino effect" it could cause. But all those what ifs I would think the NCEPT board members should be able to come up with to make it run smoother. I wouldn't go with punishment so quickly. People have lives outside of work and things happen

No. You could be possibly screwing someone out of their dream facility, at their one opportunity. A year from turning down the offer letter would be a slap on the wrist.

We are people who have to take ownership of our failures and mistakes, and take pride in our work. So a bullshit excuse of I forgot to remove my ERR doesn’t fly. I get things happen, and as such repercussions are necessary and should b accepted by a person who’s actions impacted others.

I don’t have a dog in the fight per se. I am in my desired location, at the cap at a high level facility, but I see The need for repercussions in a system which has none.

Think of this round where there was a huge number of CLT spots available. Missing out on one of those this round because of someone else’s selfish actions would be tragic, as odds are it won’t best readily open again.

No. You could be possibly screwing someone out of their dream facility, at their one opportunity. A year from turning down the offer letter would be a slap on the wrist.

We are people who have to take ownership of our failures and mistakes, and take pride in our work. So a bullshit excuse of I forgot to remove my ERR doesn’t fly. I get things happen, and as such repercussions are necessary and should b accepted by a person who’s actions impacted others.

I don’t have a dog in the fight per se. I am in my desired location, at the cap at a high level facility, but I see The need for repercussions in a system which has none.

Think of this round where there was a huge number of CLT spots available. Missing out on one of those this round because of someone else’s selfish actions would be tragic, as odds are it won’t best readily open again.
I get it. I'm not personally in the fight either. I'm at the top of the band at a lower level facility. I wasn't in the same rush out of my facility as these young guys at the bottom of the band. I understand the hunger people have at moving along and how missing out on a facility can change things. All career fields have curve balls that can create a change you have no power over. This one is no different. You just have to adapt and over come. If you get screwed out of CLT maybe you take a chance next time around at JFK because it still gets you closer to home. Maybe it turns out tower only was a better fit for you then doing tower and approach, and CLTmay had been a wasted attempt. So that actually ends up helping your career. Sometimes the most unplanned things work in your favor. Things sometimes happen for a reason and at the end of the day life isn't always fair. I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing is perfect, but life continues.

I agree with some of what you are saing, however I am a firm believer in do the right thing, and those that don’t and are a dick about things, need to be punished.

And it’s not a situation we can handle ourselves unfortunately.

I agree with some of what you are saing, however I am a firm believer in do the right thing, and those that don’t and are a dick about things, need to be punished.

And it’s not a situation we can handle ourselves unfortunately.
If controllers are out there blocking other controllers from getting jobs just because they can and or putting little to no effort into removing ERRs they no longer have interest in then yes. They definitely need to be held accountable. It's just hard to find a way to separate the scumbag from the unexpected pregnancy

If controllers are out there blocking other controllers from getting jobs just because they can and or putting little to no effort into removing ERRs they no longer have interest in then yes. They definitely need to be held accountable. It's just hard to find a way to separate the scumbag from the unexpected pregnancy

Agreed. But perhaps there in lies the answer. One year ban, and you can provide a reason to have it waived.

NCEPT board can either enforce the ban, or waive it based on circumstances and documentation. It’s not a ton of people rejecting offers, so it probably wouldn’t add significantly to the work load and perhaps it would enhance the program. Date of ban is based on when you reject the TOL/FOL.

Agreed. But perhaps there in lies the answer. One year ban, and you can provide a reason to have it waived.

NCEPT board can either enforce the ban, or waive it based on circumstances and documentation. It’s not a ton of people rejecting offers, so it probably wouldn’t add significantly to the work load and perhaps it would enhance the program. Date of ban is based on when you reject the TOL/FOL.
I can dig it

I feel it’s hard from a distance but easy if talking to people at their facilities. They usually know what kind of scumbags they are. But That would be a tremendous amount of work for a national panel to figure out. However, The workforce can spread the word about these individuals on their own and it’s a very small world and others should hear about what they have done. I do like the one year ban before they could apply. I think that would be appropriate.

The fact that you can contact someone to get your name removed from consideration until the day before the panel, “life happens outside work” is a bogus excuse.

I will say that there are some that don’t know you can do this. If I had never found this site I would have had not clue about it. Our FacRep is clueless to the process and now sends everyone to me to explain how it works.

Back
Top Bottom