Future Staffing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two CPC-ITs.
First guy has over 15yrs in agency. Airspace is merely a suggestion, SOPs and LOAs are a foreign language. He has no plan, and when two airplanes are pointed at each other he freezes. Everything this guy does is correct, and his trainers are wrong.

Second guy has a dozen years or so, and freezes on a D-side when told explicitly what to coordinate. Radar seems like a foreign world to him (though he has no tower experience).

Not saying most people don’t know how to work, but based on who we’ve received, I’d settle for some current employees who know how to work traffic.

We’re terminally short and the agency just doesnt [appear to] care. At least my place isn’t mandatory 6 day weeks…yet, but OT every week from April to January sure feels like it. Not sure where the help will eventually come from, if it even comes at all.
When they wash they will be given a list of facilities with hundreds of ERRs inbound. It's almost like we should go back to the old system or something idk.

We are at a point where increasing funding for the academy nearly requires an act of Congress AND cutting something else. It’s not simply that the FAA doesn’t care but to explain to anyone outside of the agency that the number of academy grad exceeding the attrition rate is not good enough is never going to happen, they will never get it. that is in fact what’s going on currently and the field is also a bit niave to admit that because our training record is complete shit at some places, the ncept is unpopular, and we act that way on a day to day basis thinking we are sticking it to the man when it only hurts ourselves, and managers don’t adequately advocate for the facilities because it’s their way of controlling something. Just look at our numbers, if you certify everyone in training tomorrow our numbers will be 100 percent nearly everywhere. yes I know not everyone actuslly certifies in reality I understand that and that’s not what I’m saying should happen but outside the FAA they don’t understand that, and it’s hard to explain to them. Locally, We also need to know the rules so that we can wash people appropriately and faster to get more bodies in. If someone isnt gonna cut it and we all know it, we do a shit job documenting it or making them better.

Yes we get shit employees, but shit employees have always existed. Compound that with all the things above and here we are

My opinion and the best way forward is for the locals to fight for actual real staffing numbers. What it takes to staff the facility appropriately with the traffic you have currently. And that doesn’t mean appropriate for your break rotation which is what some jackasses think is the definition of appropriate OR have every position open at all times like some dick managers think they need while you take a 20. That way we can either close sectors or entire facilities because they just aren’t needed or get reduced numbers that way the threshold for ncept is reduced making it’s easier and more appropriate to transfer, or increase numbers if needed. Yes it’s unlikely to make a difference because there will always be assholes on both sides who are unwilling to see the big picture but if the union locally and nationally fights for the best staffing numbers possible to fit the actual needs of the nas, we can save the career, we can save the workers and by default the union, get better spot leave opportunities, keep our pay, etc etc.

Last edited:
has nothing to do with the ability to work complex traffic. i know some aviation dorks who are horrible controllers...
But it’s a good start…it’s far from a guarantee but having a knowledge base to build upon would be a solid start. The academy basics is nothing short of a joke.

We are at a point where increasing funding for the academy nearly requires an act of Congress AND cutting something else. It’s not simply that the FAA doesn’t care but to explain to anyone outside of the agency that the number of academy grad exceeding the attrition rate is not good enough is never going to happen, they will never get it. that is in fact what’s going on currently and the field is also a bit niave to admit that because our training record is complete shit at some places, the ncept is unpopular, and we act that way on a day to day basis thinking we are sticking it to the man when it only hurts ourselves, and managers don’t adequately advocate for the facilities because it’s their way of controlling something. Just look at our numbers, if you certify everyone in training tomorrow our numbers will be 100 percent nearly everywhere. yes I know not everyone actuslly certifies in reality I understand that and that’s not what I’m saying should happen but outside the FAA they don’t understand that, and it’s hard to explain to them. Locally, We also need to know the rules so that we can wash people appropriately and faster to get more bodies in. If someone isnt gonna cut it and we all know it, we do a shit job documenting it or making them better.

Yes we get shit employees, but shit employees have always existed. Compound that with all the things above and here we are

My opinion and the best way forward is for the locals to fight for actual real staffing numbers. What it takes to staff the facility appropriately with the traffic you have currently. And that doesn’t mean appropriate for your break rotation which is what some jackasses think is the definition of appropriate OR have every position open at all times like some dick managers think they need while you take a 20. That way we can either close sectors or entire facilities because they just aren’t needed or get reduced numbers that way the threshold for ncept is reduced making it’s easier and more appropriate to transfer, or increase numbers if needed. Yes it’s unlikely to make a difference because there will always be assholes on both sides who are unwilling to see the big picture but if the union locally and nationally fights for the best staffing numbers possible to fit the actual needs of the nas, we can save the career, we can save the workers and by default the union, get better spot leave opportunities, keep our pay, etc etc.
You know they just redid everyone's staffing numbers this month right? As far as I am aware they haven't been released yet.

We all know it’ll be based on bullshit and a lack of understanding of reality, nor will it fix the staffing problems.

Plus we just wasted a bunch of money on bitcoin to pay off hackers so the budget was limited.
Well thats on your fac rep and ATM then

We all know it’ll be based on bullshit and a lack of understanding of reality, nor will it fix the staffing problems.

Plus we just wasted a bunch of money on bitcoin to pay off hackers so the budget was limited.
I just looked up this Bitcoin, something seems fishy AF

Well thats on your fac rep and ATM then
You are absolutely right about that. And that’s what I’m talking about. There are plenty of absolutely garbage atms and facreps who don’t realize the impact of their poor decisions.

while I don’t have any problem at mine, with ncept, if there are any facilities that aren’t appropriate it potentially cascades to impact many others for ncept, academy placements, direct hires, and the astronomical number of bullshit hardship placements.

I just looked up this Bitcoin, something seems fishy AF
What’s fishy?

You know they just redid everyone's staffing numbers this month right? As far as I am aware they haven't been released yet.

I was slightly hopeful when I heard about this "project", but if the process was as "involved" for other facilities and areas as it was mine (based on what my Area Rep told me), I'm leaning towards agreeing with Ad, thinking the result won't do much. Maybe the end result is shifting a few numbers around, but I doubt it'll increase (in a meaningful way) the target staffing as a whole.

Fox News tucker Carlson. Correlation between our “notam” outage and bitcoin rising in price. Huge fan. Huuuugggeee
But he’s just asking questions….there is no crime in that.

This is sarcasm and shit boomers say

Last edited:
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: MJ
I was slightly hopeful when I heard about this "project", but if the process was as "involved" for other facilities and areas as it was mine (based on what my Area Rep told me), I'm leaning towards agreeing with Ad, thinking the result won't do much. Maybe the end result is shifting a few numbers around, but I doubt it'll increase (in a meaningful way) the target staffing as a whole.
The target is forecasted to increase significantly. Also you should get with 32andBelow and uniform your trolling cuz he’s gonna be so mad about an increase.

Knock on effect of NCEPT. I'd imagine most ATMs are going to try to increase their staffing by at least 15 percent to account for the fact NCEPT leaves them 15 percent below normal staffing.
Hilarious you think atms are gonna think anything that logical according to their idea of holding us down.

The atms fucked us all those years ago and that’s how we ended up with ncept, now you think most atms are gonna think the same thing? Get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom