July 2020

I’m not bringing in to question your knowledge of the process, whether past or present. NCEPT has been and will always be complete shit.

At least you’re able to see it for what it is, even though you’ve transferred under it. The March panel earlier this year is proof enough that it’s a good ole boy system still, it just has a new acronym. But then again, I scam hardships, so my opinion literally equals dick.
A ton of these problems would be solved by not sending people across the country from the academy. Everyone just wants to get home. Some want big money but the most will take whatever is in their state.

Its an argument for the level cap.
A level cap would fix the staffing at 8ish-10ish if they let them select up to 100 and they wouldn’t feel like they’re getting jumped by the lower guys.

I’m not bringing in to question your knowledge of the process, whether past or present. NCEPT has been and will always be complete shit.

At least you’re able to see it for what it is, even though you’ve transferred under it. The March panel earlier this year is proof enough that it’s a good ole boy system still, it just has a new acronym. But then again, I scam hardships, so my opinion literally equals dick.
The "good ol boy" stuff will always exist. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But NCEPT is less good ol boy and more an unjust reward system. You basically get rewarded by being at a well staffed or over staffed facility. That's it. Its dumb lol

I work at a level 6 and of the 4 prior military that we’ve had the last 4 years the only one to wash was navy. ?
Damn squids! Every branch has it share of dummies though. The FAA should do a better job of screening VRA applicants. From my experience if you proved your worth in the military it usually translated well to the FAA. The problem is the FAA gives zero shits if you were ever certified in the military, they only look to see if you hold an ATC title.

Please explain what tactics you’ve used to scam hardships lol

My brain doesn't work? lol, uh sure. Anyway, if you read what I said about a 4 level cap I said it only for terminal. If you wanna go center no level cap. They are built for training "from the ground up" and yes, the guy from "McDonald's" can got there as their 1st facility for that reason.
This would work better. But you’d still have the issue where a new hire gets to go to an 8 tower then is immediately eligible to transfer anywhere and there’s CPCs at 5s that were forced there that can’t. And not all terminal is created equal. 8 tower to A80 is a worse fit on paper than 7 radar to A80

This would work better. But you’d still have the issue where a new hire gets to go to an 8 tower then is immediately eligible to transfer anywhere and there’s CPCs at 5s that were forced there that can’t. And not all terminal is created equal. 8 tower to A80 is a worse fit on paper than 7 radar to A80
Everyone terminal starts at low levels in this format. So you wouldn't have a new hire at a level 8. I agree not all terminal is equal. But in this format mid level facilities are better staffed so A80 would have more mid level options then a level 8 tower only person. Worse case they get a level 8 tower only person who's 1st facility was a level 5, 6 or 7 up/down before then going to their current level 8 tower only.

Nope just a desperate controller stuck in a city and state that keeps falling short of meeting the terrible Ncept release numbers

Well you should quit, reapply under a previous experience bid and say you coordinated the working parties for S-1 as ATC in the military, then you've earned a shot at A80.

Well you should quit, reapply under a previous experience bid and say you coordinated the working parties for S-1 as ATC in the military, then you've earned a shot at A80.
Prior mil radar experience do much better at my facility than tower only cpc transfers. It's some kind of conspiracy for sure.

Prior mil radar experience do much better at my facility than tower only cpc transfers. It's some kind of conspiracy for sure.
That makes a lot more sense. I think the bad military controllers probably worked at small slow towers where solving conflicts was rare. So their constructive ATC problem solving skills just aren't there. They just know rules and probably lazy phraseology. While most military radar facilities actually do work and effective skill sets are learned

That makes a lot more sense. I think the bad military controllers probably worked at small slow towers where solving conflicts was rare. So their constructive ATC problem solving skills just aren't there. They just know rules and probably lazy phraseology. While most military radar facilities actually do work and effective skill sets are learned
I don't doubt it, that's where I came from ?. I came from the RNO of mil towers though, we didn't do shit but we washed 2/3 the people that came through the door lol. God i'm glad to not be there anymore.

Damn squids! Every branch has it share of dummies though. The FAA should do a better job of screening VRA applicants. From my experience if you proved your worth in the military it usually translated well to the FAA. The problem is the FAA gives zero shits if you were ever certified in the military, they only look to see if you hold an ATC title.
Oh for sure. One of the Air Force people we got was definitely not previous experience but they worked hard and figured it out. But a facility our size isn’t equipped to bring a person like that from the ground up and it showed watching them train. I’m convinced half the previous experience new hires coming in should be going to the academy.

I don't doubt it, that's where I came from ?. I came from the RNO of mil towers though, we didn't do shit but we washed 2/3 the people that came through the door lol. God i'm glad to not be there anymore.
I worked at a military tower that was VFR helo only. It was high volume but not that complex. We didn't have training hours though. You were given 7 months and they gave extensions out like candy so everyone made it lol. Everyone I worked with there that got hired into the FAA has certified at level 5 thru 12 facilities. One of the guys from that tower went to PCT as his 1st facility and checked out. So who knows

Oh for sure. One of the Air Force people we got was definitely not previous experience but they worked hard and figured it out. But a facility our size isn’t equipped to bring a person like that from the ground up and it showed watching them train. I’m convinced half the previous experience new hires coming in should be going to the academy.
I think people lie. The FAA just looks at your DD214 for the most part. People probably fake CTOs and other ratings all the time. When I got hired we got 20k bonuses for having military experience as long as it was at least 52 consecutive weeks after certification. A person I know that went to 3 facilities during their 5 years in the military was pissed they moved so much they never had 52 consecutive weeks once certified. So they just lied about it thinking it wouldn't work. A month later they 20k (well a lil over 13k after taxes) posted in their account along with their regular paycheck lol. The FAA doesn't really do due diligence on military ATC backgrounds. At least not from what I've seen.

I think people lie. The FAA just looks at your DD214 for the most part. People probably fake CTOs and other ratings all the time. When I got hired we got 20k bonuses for having military experience as long as it was at least 52 consecutive weeks after certification. A person I know that went to 3 facilities during their 5 years in the military was pissed they moved so much they never had 52 consecutive weeks once certified. So they just lied about it thinking it wouldn't work. A month later they 20k (well a lil over 13k after taxes) posted in their account along with their regular paycheck lol. The FAA doesn't really do due diligence on military ATC backgrounds. At least not from what I've seen.
Would probably take them 5 years to verify one persons records so they just say fuck it and wing it.

Back
Top Bottom