July 2020

Does anyone know if NCEPT has been pretty steady every 3 months not counting this past march? Could we expect another panel in October?

You should expect it every quarter barring major disturbances, last word was the panel doesn't want to interrupt the quarterly meetings. Unless someone has more recent info

You should expect it every quarter barring major disturbances, last word was the panel doesn't want to interrupt the quarterly meetings. Unless someone has more recent info
Not to sound pessimistic, but I believe it’d be pointless to have another panel anytime soon.

Reason being is that the percentages aren’t going to raise to allow for releases; if anything, they’ll drop due to ERR selections from last week’s panel, retirements, and so on. Unless the rules/criteria changes for whenever the next panel is, there won't be much (if any) movement.

Not to sound pessimistic, but I believe it’d be pointless to have another panel anytime soon.

Reason being is that the percentages aren’t going to raise to allow for releases; if anything, they’ll drop due to ERR selections from last week’s panel, retirements, and so on. Unless the rules/criteria changes for whenever the next panel is, there won't be much (if any) movement.
I know one person who is at an over staffed facility who didn't get his paperwork in on time. He could easily get picked up next round depending on where he puts in for. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more in somewhat similar situations

How could I have forgotten the miles in trail requests for controller amusement??? /s

I said wild west (procedures) as in most rules don't apply. Didn't say anything about wild west controllers. I'm not there anymore so I can't give you details on what's up but generally people don't make requests of other facilities just for funzies.

Edit: you think it's fun now wait until they get the supersonic jet out of APA (that 45 MIT is now 60) and the rockets out of FCO or whatever Front Range is called now... Then it really will be the wild west.
You’re right, who needs procedures when you can just trap a United under a citation mustang and pass the garbage on to center to sort out with no coordination or mea culpa or anything. But lord forbid that satellite arrival is at 150 instead of 160. OMIC is hounding in your ear now. Collaboration is a good thing but that’s not the D01 way

Since 2017.
That's a pretty short sample size. That could easily be bad luck getting crapy trainees that probably would of washed anywhere they went. I don't know that for a fact obviously. But that's a lot different than a place like LAX that has been at a 40% success rate since the late 1990s and maybe even before that. Even 10 years worth of data would be a lot more reliable. 3 years definitely shows a trend. But I wouldn't call it factual.

That's a pretty short sample size. That could easily be bad luck getting crapy trainees that probably would of washed anywhere they went. I don't know that for a fact obviously. But that's a lot different than a place like LAX that has been at a 40% success rate since the late 1990s and maybe even before that. Even 10 years worth of data would be a lot more reliable. 3 years definitely shows a trend. But I wouldn't call it factual.

Like I've said, RNO is not hard, and I'm not really concerned with it either just emailed my TOL back to go somewhere else.

Brother,

I can assure you that keeping the selection panel meeting is our top priority. It is critical to the future of our union that we get all the brand new controllers from the lower level VFR towers into upper level TRACONs and Centers. But we must do it while they are still new to the agency, so there is no chance that they will interfere with the facility seniority. Additionally, It’s up to all of us to remind them how lucky they are to have the best job in the world so they understand what a crucial importance their PAC contributions are to the safety of the NAS. To be a team player means you have to max your PAC, and we’re all team players, aren’t we? I mean, do you guys know how much it costs for the presidential suite at CFS? Seriously guys, that thing isn’t free, but you should see the silk pajamas you get...but to the topic at hand. Maxing your PAC helps keep the union running strong so we can fight for more people to go from ARR to DFW. You should freely give everything to the job and expect nothing back, because that’s what professional team players do. In short, you need to increase your PAC contributions to maximize the chances we have at getting more panels this year. As always, we fight for you, your efforts are what makes this union strong.

In Solidarity,

Definitely Not Paul Rinaldi

Brother,

I can assure you that keeping the selection panel meeting is our top priority. It is critical to the future of our union that we get all the brand new controllers from the lower level VFR towers into upper level TRACONs and Centers. But we must do it while they are still new to the agency, so theRE is no chance that they will interfere with the facility seniority. Additionally, It’s up to all of us to remind them how lucky they are to have the best job in the world so they understand the crucial importance their PAC contributions are to the safety of the NAS. To be a team player means you have to max your PAC, and we’re all team players, aren’t we? I mean, do you guys know how much it costs for the presidential suite at CFS? Seriously guys, that thing isn’t free, but you should see the silk pajamas you get...but to the topic at hand. Maxing your PAC helps keep the union running strong so we can fight for more people to go from ARR to DFW. You should freely give everything to the job and expect nothing back, because that’s what professional team players do. In short, you need to increase your PAC contributions to maximize the chances we have at getting more panels this year. As always, we fight for you, your efforts are what makes this union strong.

In Solidarity,

Definitely Not Paul Rinaldi

Is no one keeping track of the PushingTin aliases?

PushingTin doesn’t need an alias. He has no problem posting whatever he’s thinking from his own account

Lol I'm more under the impression he's building his own private army of him rather than fear of repercussion.

Waiting for the Horatio account.

Last edited:
I apologize for not allowing you to return back to training. I know I speak for all CPC’s when I say that it is our fault that you’re barred from the building.
I’ve been back at work for almost 2 months. How hard is it for you to understand that old man

I’m also curious as to how many controllers are struggling to sell their homes as they prepare to transfer from previous NCEPT panels, given the ravaging pandemic and all.

Back
Top Bottom