July 2020

Imagine that, a scenario where the ATM can give a release date, regardless of make believe numbers. I know my facility has been running just fine pre COVID without mandatory OT, and released numerous controllers to A10, and C90. And Sup bids. Nevermind the withdrawals and failures. How about NCEPT gives the ATM authority for releases? That Pearson should know what the facility needs, plus he/she lets plenty go anyway. I personally am pissed at this system, watching many leave, yet I cannot. The facility I want to go to has picked up plenty of people and now low on the list, mine is still below let go numbers, and if we get to a make believe magic number, it ain’t gonna be me that gets to go. How does anyone that is part of this NCEPT program proud of what they are doing?

bad grammar and spelling. Oh well

Imagine that, a scenario where the ATM can give a release date, regardless of make believe numbers. I know my facility has been running just fine pre COVID without mandatory OT, and released numerous controllers to A10, and C90. And Sup bids. Nevermind the withdrawals and failures. How about NCEPT gives the ATM authority for releases? That Pearson should know what the facility needs, plus he/she lets plenty go anyway. I personally am pissed at this system, watching many leave, yet I cannot. The facility I want to go to has picked up plenty of people and now low on the list, mine is still below let go numbers, and if we get to a make believe magic number, it ain’t gonna be me that gets to go. How does anyone that is part of this NCEPT program proud of what they are doing?

bad grammar and spelling. Oh well
I’ve had three ATMs fight my release when almost zero OT was being used. You must have a good one.

If you're out over 120 days and lose your certs would this affect your transfer? Don't see anything about it in the MOU or slate book but am worried I'm missing something.

If you're out over 120 days and lose your certs would this affect your transfer? Don't see anything about it in the MOU or slate book but am worried I'm missing something.
It’s not written anywhere that it would and can’t think of any other reason it would. You’re going to be useless when you get to your new facility regardless so what difference does it make.

The PPT that is run for the specific panel is where they get the data for that panel.

OK but when was that PPT supposed to be generated? On "1 July: NCEPT data executed" or "17 July: P21 prepares data for NCEPT board"?

Anybody that get picked up have discussions with your facilities about release dates yet? My receiving facility said everyone is probably going to have to wait til August 1st next year, but my current facility is saying they can let me go whenever I want. I asked for 6 months. Nobody seems to know yet and I'm sure everything is pretty fluid right now but just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from their camps yet.
I was selected and my ATM is under the impression that he can hold me for a year if he wants to, but he said thinks he can let me go by the end of this year. We are currently at 106% staffing, and me leaving immediately would leave my facility at 100% staffing. I am ready to leave as soon as next month, but I'm completely in the dark about the process.
I haven't even received a TOL yet.

Last edited:
I was selected and my ATM is under the impression that he can hold me for a year if he wants to, but he said thinks he can let me go by the end of this year. We are currently at 106% staffing, and me leaving immediately would leave my facility at 100% staffing. I am ready to leave as soon as next month, but I'm completely in the dark about the process.
I’m under the impression no one is moving until 8/1/21 until they figure out training. I would check on the TOL, I’ve already gotten an FOL

I’m under the impression no one is moving until 8/1/21 until they figure out training. I would check on the TOL, I’ve already gotten an FOL
Thanks for your reply, I definitely will.
My facrep was told last week by an NCEPT resource that our release dates are collaborative between NATCA and the ATMs, so I'm going to look into the TOL and possible release date today. I'll update back here when I can in case this info is helpful to anyone.

Release dates are collaborated between ATMs, NATCA has no hand in it unless it extends past 8/1/2021.

Thanks for your reply, I definitely will.
My facrep was told last week by an NCEPT resource that our release dates are collaborative between NATCA and the ATMs, so I'm going to look into the TOL and possible release date today. I'll update back here when I can in case this info is helpful to anyone.
I've heard the same that NATCA behind the scenes is trying to make everyone have a release date of 8/1/2021. But so far if the ATMs can agree on a different date then they are going with that instead.

Still waiting on my TOL but I do know both ATMs have talked regarding a release date.

I've heard the same that NATCA behind the scenes is trying to make everyone have a release date of 8/1/2021. But so far if the ATMs can agree on a different date then they are going with that instead.

Still waiting on my TOL but I do know both ATMs have talked regarding a release date.
Yea I know my ATMs have already agreeed on a date, but I’m still waiting for my FOL to verify that. I saw an email the other day (not from my facrep, but to another from the same RVP) making it sound that NATCA was trying to say everyone was getting the 8/1 release until training started. Honestly the email didn’t make a lot of sense to me to even send out, simply saying everyone was a CAT2 and isn’t required to be release prior to 8/1 (which everyone should’ve known) but now it’s making me think we are all going to get FOLs with 8/1/21 on them and adjusted at a later date. I hope not, but I also know my ATM would release me ASAP once that restriction was lifted If that’s the case. some places are training virtually so you could be in a class when you transfer. Definitely case by case basis.

Back
Top Bottom