July 2020

Stinger

Forum Sage
Next NCEPT date isn't worked out yet, but it's expected to be in July.
Telecon said that since we continuing to select controllers for other jobs, we've been continuing the deviation process each month, it's the right thing to do continue NCEPT.

UPDATED:
July 21, 2020 NCEPT Timeline and Changes

The Parties at the national level have agreed to conduct an NCEPT using the following timeline and temporary modifications:

23 June: ERR submission deadline
26 June: Employees certifications entries completed in Staffing Workbook
29 June: HR Staffing Workbook entries completed
29 June: Facility Priority Placement Tool
1 July: NCEPT data executed
2 July: HR resume upload begins
8 July: HR resume upload complete
9 July: Manager Ranking List published (Opened)
14 July: Manager Rankings completed (Closed)
17 July: P21 prepares data for NCEPT board
21 July: NCEPT convenes/adjourns

July 2020 Temporary NCEPT Changes:

1. Amend ERR MOU Section 12 A, Category 1 as follows: Category 1 (Green): CPC Current and Projected AOB > 90% Facility CPC staffing level: Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.
  2. Amend ERR MOU Section 12 A, Category 2 as follows: Category 2 (Green): CPC Current and Projected AOB >85%: Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.
  3. Add the following to NCEPT SOP paragraph 3.5.5:: 3.5.5. A facility will normally not be considered eligible to receive employees if the ratio of CPC-IT/DEV to total number of controllers is at or above 30%.

Last edited:
As always, the list is very slim. I uploaded the June facility list to MJ but I didn’t thoroughly look it over.
Basically: Same shit, different month.

I pulled it down and filtered, the same choice selections from Nantucket to Chicago and New York. Although I can't remember but I think Peachtree Dekalb is in there too.

Out of curiosity, those with a Target number will absolutely take people, whereas those with Possible Gains have the option to take people OR will take people up to the amount on that Possible Gain tab?

Out of curiosity, those with a Target number will absolutely take people, whereas those with Possible Gains have the option to take people OR will take people up to the amount on that Possible Gain tab?

At this time, nope and neither, facilities with at or below 85% Projected CPCs, and a 30% or less CPC to Trainer ratio.

As always, the list is very slim. [...]
Basically: Same shit, different month.

The "temporary rules" that were put in place mean that the NCEPT, even when it's operating, is absolutely useless for 99% of the workforce, other than giving them false hope and shutting them up for a few more months.

I'm interested in talking about what can be done to revert the rules. If enough people complain will the union push to remove them? I have a felling there aren't many complaints because most people don't even understand the rules or how pointless the NCEPT is right now; instead they are complacent because they don't fully understand the process and are just hoping to get lucky. I can't blame the average member, the whole system is archaic and difficult to get useful information about, but I feel incredibly hopeless about the NCEPT and powerless to do anything to improve it.

The "temporary rules" that were put in place mean that the NCEPT, even when it's operating, is absolutely useless for 99% of the workforce, other than giving them false hope and shutting them up for a few more months.

I'm interested in talking about what can be done to revert the rules. If enough people complain will the union push to remove them? I have a felling there aren't many complaints because most people don't even understand the rules or how pointless the NCEPT is right now; instead they are complacent because they don't fully understand the process and are just hoping to get lucky. I can't blame the average member, the whole system is archaic and difficult to get useful information about, but I feel incredibly hopeless about the NCEPT and powerless to do anything to improve it.

don’t have much of a leg to stand on when you said that you are willing to work anywhere. That’s why ncept won’t be going away. And no one said anything in writing about the ability to move on. Go cry to your momma about how neither the faa or natca love you.

What would you do to improve it

ERR = Employee Request for Reassignment or something like that. It's just that, a request. I don't think the union gets much say in staffing and facility assignment as hiring and personnel isn't exactly something they can influence or control. You're pretty much stick with whatever the FAA wants to do. Your choices are NCEPT, bid an open position, hardship, stay where you are, or resign.

You’ll have to excuse some of the members on this site. They’re obviously old-school and have most likely transferred multiple times throughout their careers. They’ve no time for us new guys, especially those with high ambitions to move upward in our careers.
#BeyondBlessedToEvenHaveAJob
You said your moth anywhere. They said they’d move anywhere in 2 states.

Back
Top Bottom