March (Q2) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing up yet. A Friday deadline would be garbage, even by the FAA's standards.

It's only garbage if you're trying to game priority lists. It's not like you can't file ERRs until the deadline is posted, so it shouldn't really matter what the deadline is. File your paperwork whenever you want.

I would think people should be happy it's so soon, but then again when are we ever happy

It's only garbage if you're trying to game priority lists. It's not like you can't file ERRs until the deadline is posted, so it shouldn't really matter what the deadline is. File your paperwork whenever you want.

I would think people should be happy it's so soon, but then again when are we ever happy

You are assuming your situation is the same as everyone else's. There are many reasons why less than a week's notice is pretty lame.

You are assuming your situation is the same as everyone else's. There are many reasons why less than a week's notice is pretty lame.

No, I'm not. What's the situation where it matters? Seriously, what are the MANY reasons? People could have filed them before the deadline was announced. The deadline makes no difference. If you couldn't submit them until two weeks before the deadline I would understand. But if someone wanted to transfer somewhere, waiting until the deadline is announced is dumb.

If one of your reasons is going to be what if someone is about to certify or anything along those lines, the announcement of the deadline has zero impact on that. The deadline does but not the announcement, if they had announced it sooner it wouldn't change anything. Regardless of the date that is going to happen to someone.

Reactions: TW
No, I'm not. What's the situation where it matters? Seriously, what are the MANY reasons? People could have filed them before the deadline was announced. The deadline makes no difference. If you couldn't submit them until two weeks before the deadline I would understand. But if someone wanted to transfer somewhere, waiting until the deadline is announced is dumb.

If one of your reasons is going to be what if someone is about to certify or anything along those lines, the announcement of the deadline has zero impact on that. The deadline does but not the announcement, if they had announced it sooner it wouldn't change anything. Regardless of the date that is going to happen to someone.

Let's say you aren't at work and you're on a two week vacation. You haven't filled out an ERR yet because the next panel hasn't even been announced. Maybe you're out of the country. Whatever, man. If it's good for you, it's good for everyone. Why not just announce the deadline after it passes?

Let's say you aren't at work and you're on a two week vacation. You haven't filled out an ERR yet because the next panel hasn't even been announced. Maybe you're out of the country. Whatever, man. If it's good for you, it's good for everyone. Why not just announce the deadline after it passes?

I suppose if you gave up submitting ERRs for Lent just prior to your vacation, that would be an unlucky situation. Your second sentence basically illustrates my entire point - people shouldn't be waiting for the deadline to be announced. Filing ERRs and the deadline being announced are only related if you are sniping facilities at the top of the priority list.

Even if you’re spaming the top of the list the deadline announcement is irrelevant. The deadline will be before the final priority list.

Reactions: TW
Mods, merge this with the official thread please

It's not like your ERRs drop after each panel. ? Man, that would be a great of someone's desire to be some place. "just let him go, he's files 327 ERRs."

I suppose if you gave up submitting ERRs for Lent just prior to your vacation, that would be an unlucky situation. Your second sentence basically illustrates my entire point - people shouldn't be waiting for the deadline to be announced. Filing ERRs and the deadline being announced are only related if you are sniping facilities at the top of the priority list.

^ This. My facility hasn’t been able to release even ONE single person since the NCEPT started, but you better believe I’ve had my ERRs in and renewed them over the years just in case! Looks like we may just have the numbers this go round. I’m so desperate that I probably could benefit from playing the priority sniping list game. But nah, I have enough ERRs in that I hope at least a few will be high enough on the list ... and that they’ll be willing to pick up someone from a low level ... and that none of the other 15 people trying to get out of here put anything higher priority. Ha. Gonna be a fun month.

Good luck Trueblue2! The one downside to a lot of ERRs out is that facilities will think you don’t really want to go to there. Might get you bumped down on a few lists. I had FacReps call me and ask about all my other ERRs in, just a heads up!

NCEPT timeline is now on KSN. Nothing on KSN or the NATCA website specifically states that the “temporary changes” will not be used for this upcoming panel.

NCEPT timeline is now on KSN. Nothing on KSN or the NATCA website specifically states that the “temporary changes” will not be used for this upcoming panel.
You'd think they'd specifically call out that they were using the "temporary" changes if they indeed are "temporary"

I'd imagine the priority list would be the best indicator of temporary rules still in play since it has the NCEPT target.

I'd imagine the priority list would be the best indicator of temporary rules still in play since it has the NCEPT target.
I'm home sick. Guessing it's still up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom