May (Q2) 2021

It’s fair for the people that met the requirements had the panel been held as scheduled. Imagine if you could release someone at that panel but had a change in the numbers after that and you were no longer eligible? That would screw you over so they avoided that and did the right thing for once
Exactly, the right thing for once. They always run the numbers after the ERR deadline to “use the most updated information,” which always seemed ridiculous to me considering the significant shifts in priority that take place. So now they have integrity?

Here’s another integrity question: These NATCA people who pushed so hard for NCEPT are voted for by members. I have not met one controller (aside from NATCA big wigs trying to support all union decisions) who thinks it’s a good process. Why are they not listening to their constituents? Didn’t we trust them to make decisions for the good of the members? It’s been over 5 years and the hatred for this thing is only growing. Why are they sticking to this so aggressively? Ok, you can’t please everybody, but that doesn’t mean you have to royally piss off everybody, either.

Exactly, the right thing for once. They always run the numbers after the ERR deadline to “use the most updated information,” which always seemed ridiculous to me considering the significant shifts in priority that take place. So now they have integrity?

Here’s another integrity question: These NATCA people who pushed so hard for NCEPT are voted for by members. I have not met one controller (aside from NATCA big wigs trying to support all union decisions) who thinks it’s a good process. Why are they not listening to their constituents? Didn’t we trust them to make decisions for the good of the members? It’s been over 5 years and the hatred for this thing is only growing. Why are they sticking to this so aggressively? Ok, you can’t please everybody, but that doesn’t mean you have to royally piss off everybody, either.
NCEPT wasn't meant to be an end all to the transfers process, it was meant to solve the 3/4/5 year releases that were a part of the old bidding process. In that respect, NCEPT has succeeded amazingly by taking the release control out of ATM hands.

NCEPT wasn't meant to be an end all to the transfers process, it was meant to solve the 3/4/5 year releases that were a part of the old bidding process. In that respect, NCEPT has succeeded amazingly by taking the release control out of ATM hands.
Then the national release policy needs to go

Wish they gave out duffel bags. Need a new bag for work.
Hold out long enough and the offers get better and better.
However I’m done with them after they stood by and let the only Republican in the last 12 years pass the most new gun restrictions.
GOA is where it’s at.

Then the national release policy needs to go
This also keeps facilities from release date shopping. Every move has a ramification.

I bet it matters to some reps but I don’t buy for one minute it’s the determining factor in rankings.
It was literally mentioned 6-7 times on a recent FacRep call as a way to vet candidates. I would say it definitely has the potential to wreck someone. Should it? Absolutely not. Will an atm accept that answer when asked why they rep wanted a person? Sure hope not. But I bet somewhere out there is a Natca blowhard lying through his teeth claiming a $0 contribution applicant is a terrible worker etc etc.

It was literally mentioned 6-7 times on a recent FacRep call as a way to vet candidates. I would say it definitely has the potential to wreck someone. Should it? Absolutely not. Will an atm accept that answer when asked why they rep wanted a person? Sure hope not. But I bet somewhere out there is a Natca blowhard lying through his teeth claiming a $0 contribution applicant is a terrible worker etc etc.
It absolutely matters. And if you think the ATM isn’t ranking you based on far shittier metrics, you aren’t paying attention.

I’m in the opposite boat. Our facility couldn’t release anyone back then but now they can…. Using the old info is prolly going to screw us bc they just closed a bunch of TMU spots. So if they take cpc from in house they are removed from the numbers and we will be fucked yet again. Thanks for all the “dynamic decisions” being made.
I disagree. If you were at a short staffed facility, you’d get a two year release date. At least there was some light at the end of the tunnel. If anything, NCEPT brought back those long wait times. If you’re at a small facility where one body is such a high percentage, by the time you gain one and they certify it’s at least a year and then they can only lose one. And that one who just got his first CPC two weeks ago, could be the one to leave, and you have to wait another year. Some large facilities will never have the staffing to release. They’d kill for a 5 year release date. It didn’t get rid of that long release problem. They recreated it and put a different hat on it.
Besides, the union leaders are supposed to be our voice. We trusted them with our well-being and to be our voice. When it comes to NCEPT, they have failed tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom