May (Q2) 2021

How many pairs of knee pads did you go through for that? Or you’ll soon find out your one of the few that gets told “we will pick you up” then your ranked 29/30 lmao
Hahaha

I’ll toot my own horn. I’m good at my job.
It’s not that hard in the Faa because we have enough shitbags to be compared to.
I show up on time. I train the fresh meat. I don’t give NATCA or management a ton of unnecessary shit. I don’t end up in the QA office on the regular. I get along with the majority of my co workers. I get along with the majority of management.
It’s not hard to not be a dick at work.
Believe me, I can be a dick. Almost 30 years experience in the career field. I don’t have a lot of patience for people who are little bitches or can’t do the job well.
I’ve also earned my stripes. Military, contract, and level 6/10/12 faa.
Fuck I’m on my 5th trainee in as many years.
The great thing is it’s not that hard to stand out as a good employee.

COVID made it super easy. I did a lot of shit with my team to keep this place running with 4-6 CPC’s when 9-10 was the old number.
This place is a country club with very few apple trying to leave. So when peoples see you doing a good job and find out you’re trying to leave if they’re good managers or coworkers they look out for you.
I have a FacRep, OMs and some supes that give a shit. So they look out for people who stand out.
It’s a perfect storm. I could just as easy have a shitty rep and shitty managers who would rather step on someone else than see them get what they want.
?‍♂️

Hahaha

It’s not that hard in the Faa because we have enough shitbags to be compared to.
I show up on time. I train the fresh meat. I don’t give NATCA or management a ton of unnecessary shit. I don’t end up in the QA office on the regular. I get along with the majority of my co workers. I get along with the majority of management.
Believe me, I can be a dick. Almost 30 years experience in the career field. I don’t have a lot of patience for people who are little bitches or can’t do the job well.

COVID made it super easy. I did a lot of shit with my team to keep this place running with 4-6 CPC’s when 9-10 was the old number.
This place is a country club with very few apple trying to leave. So when peoples see you doing a good job and find out you’re trying to leave if they’re good managers or coworkers they look out for you.
I have a FacRep, OMs and some supes that give a shit. So they look out for people who stand out.
It’s a perfect storm. I could just as easy have a shitty rep and shitty managers who would rather step on someone else than see them get what they want.
?‍♂️
Fuck man I hope you get picked up because that’s a lot of reasons to be disappointed lol

Fuck man I hope you get picked up because that’s a lot of reasons to be disappointed lol
I’m at a country club facility where I get along with a lot of people, my family is happy and life is good.
If I can’t get what I want I won’t d be super disappointed.
I literally only put in papers for 1 facility because it’s an ultimate end game scenario.
Timing is amazing with housing prices here, where my kids are in school, and all that.

I’m at a country club facility where I get along with a lot of people, my family is happy and life is good.
I literally only put in papers for 1 facility because it’s an ultimate end game scenario.
Fine then I hope you don’t get picked up you greedy bastard! Lol

Timing is amazing with housing prices here, where my kids are in school, and all that.
Where are you currently at?

Just curious, why leave a country club where life is good to go train again in the unknown when you've only got a few working years left? Seems like there's not a ton to gain aside from no state income taxes and a bump in locality?

Fine then I hope you don’t get picked up you greedy bastard! Lol
I’d like to get where I want but I’m not desperate lol

Just curious, why leave a country club where life is good to go train again in the unknown when you've only got a few working years left? Seems like there's not a ton to gain aside from no state income taxes and a bump in locality?
We’ve lived there before, and love it. Houston is an amazing area. There’s some family factors that make this a more desired jump now.

Long term I’ll save about $100k in taxes before I retire that’s a huge plus. Not counting the cost of living differences.

To be honest when I came back to the faa in 2015, jumping back at a high level scared the piss out of me and then it owned it like I’d never left.

I look at it like if I don’t knock this move out soon I’m sure my skills will begin to deteriorate and it won’t be worth it.

Hahaha

?‍♂️
You haven't trained me yet... See you next August...

Hahaha

?‍♂️
Beautiful post! If you get selected over me (yes he is my competition) please help me get to Texas. Lol

Back
Top Bottom