May (Q3) 2022

DEN here I come
My steps would be:

1. Call HR and ask if they have your ERR.
2. If they do, call area rep/facrep and explain your concerns. That you wanted to go to DEN. Grieve it.
2. If they don’t, and you have the received form, take it to your area rep/facrep and grieve it.
2. If they don’t, and you don’t have the form… SOL I believe.
3. If any area/fac rep gives you problems, go to the RVP. The MOU is what is to happen and it didn’t happen. Good luck ?

My steps would be:

1. Call HR and ask if they have your ERR.
2. If they do, call area rep/facrep and explain your concerns. That you wanted to go to DEN. Grieve it.
2. If they don’t, and you have the received form, take it to your area rep/facrep and grieve it.
2. If they don’t, and you don’t have the form… SOL I believe.
3. If any area/fac rep gives you problems, go to the RVP. The MOU is what is to happen and it didn’t happen. Good luck ?
I have the received form, I’m pretty sure in my FAA email and I’m 100% sure it’s not expired. But thanks I’ll see what’s up.

They really shouldn't redact those comment boxes
"Having concluded that these redactions qualify for application of the deliberative process privilege, we considered whether asserting the privilege was necessary to prevent reasonably foreseeable harm to future similar deliberations. We concluded that it is reasonably foreseeable that releasing the information at issue would discourage the open and frank sharing of opinions and recommendations between agency employees that is helpful in formulating ERR decisions."

I don’t understand why a facility ranks but I’m not even ranked, my facility can release and no one from my facility was picked up. So why don’t they rank everyone?? Like don’t get picked up and I can’t even look forward to see where I was ranked bogus system man.
If you were green per the NRP and denied consideration by being omitted from the ranking list by HR you can file a grievance and will get priority consideration next panel if the grievance is upheld

"Having concluded that these redactions qualify for application of the deliberative process privilege, we considered whether asserting the privilege was necessary to prevent reasonably foreseeable harm to future similar deliberations. We concluded that it is reasonably foreseeable that releasing the information at issue would discourage the open and frank sharing of opinions and recommendations between agency employees that is helpful in formulating ERR decisions."
Ain’t that the biggest paragraph of lawyer talk for “if manager comments are released, it would hurt peoples feelings”

If you were green per the NRP and denied consideration by being omitted from the ranking list by HR you can file a grievance and will get priority consideration next panel if the grievance is upheld
Always appreciate your input!

They really shouldn't redact those comment boxes
There was one box like 3 panels ago that said something like “not enough experience.” It was an error and they didn’t redact it. That’s what I assume the lower level facilities trying to go to higher level facilities state. But there are odd comments like #5 ranked.

Man I have no idea if I was green yellow orange or what all I know is we’re at 100% 94% projected and I should’ve atleast been ranked

Imagine being ranked 5th for A80 when you’re at ATL behind BUF, HUF, CMH and ROC. This is when you know it’s “you” ?.
Supposedly, that person is in the top five in seniority at ATL. I’m hoping they transfer to A80, go to RTF, go to TSEW, go through classroom, and then retire. Also, can’t wait until these level 7 and 8 sups get to A80! ?

I think everyone who only sees the ranking lists through the lens of "oMG how did someone from (insert rando level 5 shithole) get ranked above my boy from IAD!? wtf" , doesnt understand that its first and foremost a political process. Hence the comment redactions. They want to be able to control who goes where when, and they do. If you are on Santa's naughty list youre getting coal for Christmas, sucker! so up that PAC and carry on.

donald trump GIF by State of the Union address 2018

I think everyone who only sees the ranking lists through the lens of "oMG how did someone from (insert rando level 5 shithole) get ranked above my boy from IAD!? wtf" , doesnt understand that its first and foremost a political process. Hence the comment redactions. They want to be able to control who goes where when, and they do. If you are on Santa's naughty list youre getting coal for Christmas, sucker! so up that PAC and carry on.

I realize I’ll get hammered on this one. But how can we justify anything more fair/consistent/unbiased than straight seniority for bids/transfers?

I realize I’ll get hammered on this one. But how can we justify anything more fair/consistent/unbiased than straight seniority for bids/transfers?
Oh but what if the higher seniority keep moving around therefore fucking the lower seniority more often. Or they all bid out and turn it down and do it again and again

Who is “they?” I’ve known some lazy fucking facreps and atms and you think there is some grand coordinated conspiracy nationally as to who goes where let alone why they get to go there? Give me a fucking break

The only most fair thing would be that people who haven’t had a year as a CPC shouldn’t be able to bid out so easily. There’s no excuse for them to pick up barely finished people imo when more senior people have waited and trained that person. That creates a lot of the animosity for the system and I know the bitterness would be less knowing your chance to leave isn’t being “taken” by someone you’re helping train.

Just like devs and swaps or whatever else are considered last after the main ERRs. They can do their BS Cat 1 and Cat 2 nonsense, and then there could be Cat 3: If a facility is still eligible to release on Cat 3, swaps, new CPCs, and then developmentals in that order will be considered until the criteria is met (85% current/30% training ratio).

The ncept mou clearly says that the whole program is for the health of the NAS. From the agency perspective, they don’t want short staffed facilities. But the whole ranking thing, is all about networking. That’s why there is no rhyme or reason usually of the rankings. Make sure the ATM knows your name, the facrep, and have someone from that facility go and vouch for you with the ATM and facrep the week of ranking. If you do this, I think you will have a high chance of getting where you want to be.

Ranking lists are controlled at the local level. Selections are made by the Agency’s Selecting Official. Comments are redacted by the DOTs FOIA officials. None of these people have ever met each other and none of them ask the Union’s President anything.

Back
Top Bottom