New time off between shifts mandate. Big change

Long and short of it is Whitaker done gone lost his mind. He clearly hasn't thought through the consequences of this mandate and it will likely be rolled back in some form until they manage to figure out a different solution
first time GIF

Long and short of it is Whitaker done gone lost his mind. He clearly hasn't thought through the consequences of this mandate and it will likely be rolled back in some form until they manage to figure out a different solution
Bold move for a guy that literally just got the job 6 months ago. There was more in the report he’s basing this decision off too; staffing, time on position, etc. Wonder what other ideas he’s gonna whip out. Thank god NATCA put all their eggs into the collaboration basket /s

Bold move for a guy that literally just got the job 6 months ago. There was more in the report he’s basing this decision off too; staffing, time on position, etc. Wonder what other ideas he’s gonna whip out. Thank god NATCA put all their eggs into the collaboration basket /s

Two airlines nearly collide 3 miles from the Capitol building. Dude probably had his phone blowing up to make a fix now or be gone. I doubt any thought was put into what the ramifications are about to be.

Two airlines nearly collide 3 miles from the Capitol building. Dude probably had his phone blowing up to make a fix now or be gone. I doubt any thought was put into what the ramifications are about to be.
Wouldn’t surprise me if there was someone important on one of those planes.

Can anyone say if this is allowed under the current CBA? Specifically if the agency can force a change to the schedule like this?

Gonna be a shit show to try and implement, but I do give the agency credit for at least trying to do something to address the schedule situation. Hell the FAA does more to try to help us than NATCA does these days.
You got that right. I bet Santa and all the RVP haven’t made any changes to their plans today or through the weekend….just let this all play out. Sent out a statement we will look at legal avenues to address this LOL they aren’t going to win on this hill.

1. Good on the FAA to care about safety and the health of the controllers.
2. NATCA not being apart of this really shows how the agency is not the most union friendly administration ever, and how NATCA has failed to remain a key partner in collaboration at the highest levels.

I wonder if NATCA knew this was coming for a while and just didn't say anything (typical) or are being blind sided.

No matter what, the doom and gloom spouted about this is probably an overreaction. There will be ways to make it work, it will just take some thinking and the ability to understand that not everyone will be happy all the time anyways.

You got that right. I bet Santa and all the RVP haven’t made any changes to their plans today or through the weekend….just let this all play out. Sent out a statement we will look at legal avenues to address this LOL they aren’t going to win on this hill.
Agreed. 90 day timer has started.

Oh yeah I don’t believe they do, I just think this further highlights the abysmal state of affairs that even this is more than NATCA has done for us.

After all the bad press from the close calls, NATCA could have been on every talk show, every cable news program, every podcast, and testifying on Capitol Hill screaming from the rooftops that we are overworked, over-tired, and underpaid. And the agency likely would have given in to something just to save face. Even without a contract negotiation. But our union “leaders” are more worried about throwing cheap shots at each other over the election and haven’t done one damn thing to help us.
All in the spirit of collaboration! NATCA loves collaboration!

1. Good on the FAA to care about safety and the health of the controllers.
2. NATCA not being apart of this really shows how the agency is not the most union friendly administration ever, and how NATCA has failed to remain a key partner in collaboration at the highest levels.

I wonder if NATCA knew this was coming for a while and just didn't say anything (typical) or are being blind sided.

No matter what, the doom and gloom spouted about this is probably an overreaction. There will be ways to make it work, it will just take some thinking and the ability to understand that not everyone will be happy all the time anyways.
No one should be forced to make this big change mid year.

Or it's the same rest requirements that pilots have, so it's kind of an easy answer to say that we deserve the same minimum rest.

Haha, sorry I could not read that sentence with a straight face. True and I agree, they need to leverage the media and the pilots union. A coordinated media campaign is something the Union has been missing for years.
NATCA likes easy media campaigns during government shutdowns cause it’s not pointing only at the FAA. Otherwise they behave and don’t piss the FAA in the meantime they are pissing off a shit load of controllers. Wake TFU NATCA and stop being little bitches.

This study started back in December. I think it’s purely happenstance there was the issue at DCA today.

Back
Top Bottom