November (Q1) 2024

How it started before selections:
Speech GIF by Prime Video UK

How it's going after this week:
season 6 friends GIF

What people have to realize about staffing numbers, are they aren’t *just* to run the operation.

They are to accomplish things like recurrent training, safety briefings, CBI’s, proper training pre-briefs and de-briefs, SET, actual crew breakouts, etcetera.

I started in the agency over 20 years ago, this whole time actual controller bodies in the seats numbers have done nothing but decrease to the point where we almost never can make our numbers. And if we lose one to sick leave or anything else, we are below.

Now, we always make it work; and it isn’t too painful but just imagine if we had 100% staffing across the NAS what we could get done?

I also would bet that our quality of life would go up, since the ability for spot leave might re-appear and then we could even legitimately release people on article 114 workgroups with no adverse effects to a facility. More schedule options! Briefings, actual crew breakouts, real discussions on operations!

Oh, but to dream. We won’t see good staffing in what’s left of my career (less than 5 years) but if we actually steer the ship we might see it in yours.
That's fine, but not letting people transfer until we can have team briefings every week and get CBIs done earlier in the month is ridiculous, especially after shrugging our shoulders at a terrible placement process for the last eight years. Look no further than ZOB/ZLC to see that the CRWG numbers are completely pulled out of a hat. ZTL works ~ a million more aircraft than ZOB per year and yet somehow they both need 345 controllers? Please. I'm all for boosting our numbers but not at the expense of our workforce.

That's fine, but not letting people transfer until we can have team briefings every week and get CBIs done earlier in the month is ridiculous, especially after shrugging our shoulders at a terrible placement process for the last eight years. Look no further than ZOB/ZLC to see that the CRWG numbers are completely pulled out of a hat. ZTL works ~ a million more aircraft than ZOB per year and yet somehow they both need 345 controllers? Please. I'm all for boosting our numbers but not at the expense of our workforce.
And ZDV has run ~50k less than ZOB and they’re a 10 with 100 less on the staffing number

Did someone mess up on the NATCA website lol... you click the "November 16th Selections List" and it loads last panels list.

Ive tried several variations of the list URL that theyve used in the past and still cant get it :(

Back
Top Bottom