Pay (FAQ)

How long will it take to get from the bottom of the CPC pay band to the max pay? I'm going to a lvl 5 up/down, the bottom is ~70k the top is ~95k, how long, once I am fully qualled, will it take to reach 95? ty

How long will it take to get from the bottom of the CPC pay band to the max pay? I'm going to a lvl 5 up/down, the bottom is ~70k the top is ~95k, how long, once I am fully qualled, will it take to reach 95? ty
1.6% a year. Plus annual fed raises in Jan which move the whole band up

With 2.6% raises every year you will be at about 95k in 12 years. About 116.5k in 20 years. 1.6% is the June contractual pay raise. The January pay raise fluctuates a lot from .5-2% ish and this is the only raise that moves the pay band up.

Assuming an average increase of 1% to the pay band the top will be about 107k in 12 years and around 116k in 20 years. So that looks to be about when you will meet the top of the band. All subject to change depending on our contract raises and the presidential January pay raise.

With 2.6% raises every year you will be at about 95k in 12 years. About 116.5k in 20 years. 1.6% is the June contractual pay raise. The January pay raise fluctuates a lot from .5-2% ish and this is the only raise that moves the pay band up.

Assuming an average increase of 1% to the pay band the top will be about 107k in 12 years and around 116k in 20 years. So that looks to be about when you will meet the top of the band. All subject to change depending on our contract raises and the presidential January pay raise.
But not subject to change due to a new contract

With a 6/19 release date, I realize someone going to the bottom of the new band would miss the June raise. Would that person need to get bumped up all the way to 5/22 or sooner to catch that raise? Or would 6/5 do the trick.

With a 6/19 release date, I realize someone going to the bottom of the new band would miss the June raise. Would that person need to get bumped up all the way to 5/22 or sooner to catch that raise? Or would 6/5 do the trick.
If you get bumped up, let me know. As far as the raise, if you’re only going to the bottom of the payband and not getting the contractual 6% or 8% then it really doesn’t matter.

The first full pay period in June is the raise. So if 6/5 is the start of the new pay period that would be the date you have yes. But I would shoot for 5/22 to lock it in. If that’s even an option

The first full pay period in June is the raise. So if 6/5 is the start of the new pay period that would be the date you have yes. But I would shoot for 5/22 to lock it in. If that’s even an option
Yeah, im assuming it’s not going to be an option. Still hoping though.

It won’t matter as soon as you certify when you get the other half. You are worried about $50 a paycheck while in training?

Example ERR/MPP
Previous CPC salary - $100,000
New CPC band minimum salary - $120,000
Salary on the go - $100,000 + $10,000 = $110,000
First June Raise - $111,760
Second June Raise - $113,548
Certification - $113,548 + 10,000 = $123,548.

Raises during training are kept in the final CPC pay.
Since you keep the raise after CPC, it ends up being a couple thousand less a year for the rest of my career. If it’s a matter of a couple weeks I’d prefer to get there before the raise. Especially since the panel was supposed to be a 1 year release date from May.

Since you keep the raise after CPC, it ends up being a couple thousand less a year for the rest of my career. If it’s a matter of a couple weeks I’d prefer to get there before the raise. Especially since the panel was supposed to be a 1 year release date from May.
So what if I’m already within the payband of new facility? Will the second 3% be off of base pay when left previous facility? Or a 3% raise from what I will be currently at? Say it takes a couple presidential and couple June raises to get certified.

So what if I’m already within the payband of new facility? Will the second 3% be off of base pay when left previous facility? Or a 3% raise from what I will be currently at? Say it takes a couple presidential and couple June raises to get certified.
It should be the same dollar amount that your raise was on the go (excluding locality changes). You’ll keep all of the raises you get along the way, but they shouldn’t change the amount of your certification raise. The first post on this thread explains things pretty well if you look through that whole post from MJ.

Do we get payed when the airport is closed? i.e. closed due to weather.
Yes, they shouldn’t ever force you to take LWOP (Leave without pay). You may be offered weather leave, admin work, or the option to use your own leave. Most FAA facilities remain staffed during bad weather though.

If u CPC at a 5, ERR to a higher level then withdraw from training going back to your old facility, but they were downgraded to a 4 while you were gone, will you keep your lvl 5 pay or go to the bottom of lvl 4 pay?

If u CPC at a 5, ERR to a higher level then withdraw from training going back to your old facility, but they were downgraded to a 4 while you were gone, will you keep your lvl 5 pay or go to the bottom of lvl 4 pay?
Pay raises will be recalculated based on your salary as you left. You will save pay as long as your not above the 4 band. If you are it will go to the top of the 4 band.

Anyone have any clue how long pay raises take to process onto your LES? I just got my first two D-sides on Thursday, so does Friday start the new pay rate? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom