Staffing Telcon

No one is more stuck than N90/C90/A80 (and probably a couple of the centers) guys

Except FSS folks.. who are covered under NCEPT but not even considered. The only way to transfer back to ATS is via NCEPT because of the MOU, but the MOU doesn't provide guidelines for considering FSS packages ... so they're not even looked at.

Heard there was a lot of no one promised you that you'd be able to move, suck it up talk

Yep, fuck them and this explanation!! The only thing they could do is say this, plus that the FAA is at fault because of hiring. Of course the hiring freeze in 2013 was their fault!! (Sarcasm)

This is what is going to happen when they wash out:

-Staffing will take a hit, so the FAA will pump new hires to the desirable facilities.

-NATCA won't protect their members at lower levels and will leave NCEPT in place, locking down a bunch of current, certified employees because "no one forced you to take the job, and no one promised you any ability to move"

-People trapped in a 4-7 in locations they don't want will start to quit, hardship or go DOD

-So many people will hardship and abuse the system, that they will lock down hardships to a ridiculous standard

Oh wait, I just described the status quo. So that. Everything will remain the same

I'm glad I've been working on my degree. Also you didn't mention that people will be applying for supervisor jobs to guarantee them transfers. Especially to get to their low level hometown facilities. I check almost everyday for supervisor jobs.

He said that Natca is a representation of the members and that he thought it would be a great idea to have a survey sent out to get true and honest feedback of the process and how it's going. Trish basically said that he needs to attend the convention to make his opinion heard.

He was also saying how the old process sucked but at least there was a light at the end of the tunnel but with this, there is none. I personally thought he was pretty knowledgeable with how the old process was vs the current process and NATCA basically told him that he had no idea what he was talking about.

Unfortunately what he said is exactly how things are playing out right now but NATCA refuses to see it that way. Again, the blame was just shifted back to the FAA not hiring enough.

Yes, trish brought up convention and our voting system. My question is, did we ever vote on this in the first place?

Freed a ton of 9s and 10s to watch the level 12s select from 5s and 6s! Progress!
They're allowed to rank whoever they want but they're not allowed to reject anyone. Which I think is dumb. But this round will have the most competitive lists on paper by miles and miles. Should contain the most movement from higher levels. I think I counted 62 level 8+ facilities that can release 322 people total. And now that so many higher level facilities can release multiple people you will probably see less lower ranked people selected.

They're allowed to rank whoever they want but they're not allowed to reject anyone. Which I think is dumb. But this round will have the most competitive lists on paper by miles and miles. Should contain the most movement from higher levels. I think I counted 62 level 8+ facilities that can release 322 people total. And now that so many higher level facilities can release multiple people you will probably see less lower ranked people selected.

They are definitely allowed to reject people but marking them as "insufficient experience."

That is possible, but ever since NCEPT started people I know it mid and high level facilities have constantly been passed over by people at 5, 6, and 7s. They have been eligible for release so that isn't the problem. It is facreps and managers disregarding experience for who they know etc. Good ole boy program hard at work.

That is possible, but ever since NCEPT started people I know it mid and high level facilities have constantly been passed over by people at 5, 6, and 7s. They have been eligible for release so that isn't the problem. It is facreps and managers disregarding experience for who they know etc. Good ole boy program hard at work.
The manager has to specifically mark insufficient experience. Happened to me. BS really.

The manager has to specifically mark insufficient experience. Happened to me. BS really.
I was told by Roshambo that if there's an open spot and an eligible body then they're getting selected regardless. I guess it's possible they could pass you up if there's other people at your facility bidding out with experience idk. It's confusing. I'd say getting passed over for someone else due to insufficient experience is justified but it certainly shouldn't apply to centers that get academy grads or any facilities recieving new hires. Total BS there.

Was that when they selected a trainee over a CPC? That's is BS. If you look at any past selections, they cannot mark anyone as not enough experience. Lots of centers towers and travons have taken low level people. VFR tower people etc.

My issue is them ranking someone with two years in at a vfr level 6 over people with 7 years in with up/down 6/7 and then 8, 9, 10 exp.

Also you didn't mention that people will be applying for supervisor jobs to guarantee them transfers. Especially to get to their low level hometown facilities.
Bahahaha...that doesn't come close to guaranteeing a transfer. I know. I was selected for an flm spot at my previous facility. ATO denied the release. And then also denied the next 10ish spots I was selected for.

Was that when they selected a trainee over a CPC? That's is BS. If you look at any past selections, they cannot mark anyone as not enough experience. Lots of centers towers and travons have taken low level people. VFR tower people etc.

My issue is them ranking someone with two years in at a vfr level 6 over people with 7 years in with up/down 6/7 and then 8, 9, 10 exp.

Unfortunately, both cases were true in my case. My desired facility was eligible to select 8 last round. They were ranked in top 20. The person that got selected from my facility went somewhere ranked in the 60s on the priority list.

The facility I was trying to get to selected 4 CPCs and 1 trainee. My RVP said I was lowly ranked with "markings of insufficient experience."

Rumor is that A80 and LAX will be added to a priority release MOU that would only apply to level 8 transfers and above... Everything is being done to try and get it to apply to the September panel.

Rumor is that A80 and LAX will be added to a priority release MOU that would only apply to level 8 transfers and above... Everything is being done to try and get it to apply to the September panel.

So they will be removed from NCEPT much like C90/N90?

@Djfury05 ..... did you put your ERR in? Or waiting for staffing to improve?

Back
Top Bottom