Future Staffing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a huge deficit cus of trumps stupid tax handout. But that budget ceiling deal doesn’t mean anything. Any new budget would just override it.
Dems had control of everything from Jan 2021-Jan 2023. Why didn't they just reverse those "stupid tax handouts?" Surely it would've been a very popular move amongst their voters.

Dems had control of everything from Jan 2021-Jan 2023. Why didn't they just reverse those "stupid tax handouts?" Surely it would've been a very popular move amongst their voters.
Cus manchin and sinema are republican operatives. No matter what you think about them the revenue increases the republicans told us when they passed it did not happen.

Why didn’t you fix our terrible bill?!?!

Last edited:
Come on… we can see how much better government is, despite how crappy a situation we are in, compared to private companies running the show.

Have you been to any contract towers lately? Two-person shifts for the entire day, no breaks, actually ATC-zero with a single call out, working harder than half the level 5-6s. You’re nuts if you think we would be in a better situation privatized.

Come on… we can see how much better government is, despite how crappy a situation we are in, compared to private companies running the show.

Have you been to any contract towers lately? Two-person shifts for the entire day, no breaks, actually ATC-zero with a single call out, working harder than half the level 5-6s. You’re nuts if you think we would be in a better situation privatized.
Do you honestly believe that would be the case if the whole NAS was privatized? No way in hell would they be able to pull that off at the core facilities

Come on.... how come you guys always point to contract towers instead of systems like NavCanada, which is the same system that is actually proposed in the U.S.? How come you guys defend the incompetence of the current government system even though it reduces your quality of life and shits on you daily? Do you guys think the current system is actually good because I sure do hear a lot of bitching about it. You have to know by now that being a squeaky wheel isn't going to change anything. The only way anything changes is through meaningful restructuring of the system.

Come on.... how come you guys always point to contract towers instead of systems like NavCanada, which is the same system that is actually proposed in the U.S.? How come you guys defend the incompetence of the current government system even though it reduces your quality of life and shits on you daily? Do you guys think the current system is actually good because I sure do hear a lot of bitching about it. You have to know by now that being a squeaky wheel isn't going to change anything. The only way anything changes is through meaningful restructuring of the system.
NAVCAN is in just as much of a staffing jam due to the cuts that had to happen during the pandemic. Covid should have killed all privatization talk with air traffic (we would have immediately needed a bailout if privatization would have passed). But then again 9/11 proved that private ATC was a too big to fail boondoggle that caused bailouts galore yet we still keep seeing the idea come up.

NAVCAN is in just as much of a staffing jam due to the cuts that had to happen during the pandemic. Covid should have killed all privatization talk with air traffic (we would have immediately needed a bailout if privatization would have passed). But then again 9/11 proved that private ATC was a too big to fail boondoggle that caused bailouts galore yet we still keep seeing the idea come up.
The government here would've bailed out NavUS with unlimited PPP loans that were forgiven, just like every other industry that was given a blank check. The pandemic was an exception, not the rule. We shouldn't base an entire system on a 1 off event and it could be legislated that NavUS has to have at least 1 year of budget expenses set aside for a rainy day, or for a lab leak induced global pandemic.

Applications aren’t going to dry up. Half the cpcs at my facility went to CTI school. And its not like they had a fallback. They can hardly read or solve simple algebra.

Our job has a lot of problems, but the kids dominating the drive thru at CFA/In N Out are still going to apply and chose ATC

Funny enough one of our best controllers credits his ability to having worked in a Greek fast food Gyro place in Chicago when he was younger, they had no receipts, no computers, didn't write anything down, had to basically memorize everything and try to optimize/prioritize which orders to hand out to minimize wait times under pressure, apparently a busy dinner rush at this dump was more stressful than working an enroute storm session.

Don't disrespect the drive thru bro.

Just ask the flight service station employees how privatization worked out for them. They were sold a bill of goods. Be careful what you ask for.

Just ask the flight service station employees how privatization worked out for them. They were sold a bill of goods. Be careful what you ask for.
I didnt realize this is what happened to FSS. Just googled it and started reading about it a little bit from this paper prepared for Congress. I find it funny that immediately after FSS got privatized they started having problems and the FAA had to withhold performance payouts to get them fixed. I also think the recommendation to keep Centers FAA controlled but the maintenance to be privatized is hilarious. The FAA already cant get stuff fixed, imagine if it's hurting a company's earnings.

If the FAA isn’t doing anything immediately to alleviate the issues in the New York area then they definitely don’t care about the rest of the NAS.
What issues? N90 staffing is on N90. The FAA did everything they could to fix that. Expanding every NYC airport to have more pavement for more planes is a separate issue that I don't really blame them for.

What issues? N90 staffing is on N90. The FAA did everything they could to fix that. Expanding every NYC airport to have more pavement for more planes is a separate issue that I don't really blame them for.
I’m just saying they have delays basically everyday and the United/JetBlue CEO’s are calling out the FAA and it’s crickets. The most important facilities to the NAS are chronically understaffed and they trot out the same tired transfer processes and incentives to those facilities. A80, N90, C90, the centers, ect….. But I’m sure sending them more VFR tower people who have been in the agency for a year will help. It’s worked for the last 7 years right.

I’m just saying they have delays basically everyday and the United/JetBlue CEO’s are calling out the FAA and it’s crickets. The most important facilities to the NAS are chronically understaffed and they trot out the same tired transfer processes and incentives to those facilities. A80, N90, C90, the centers, ect….. But I’m sure sending them more VFR tower people who have been in the agency for a year will help. It’s worked for the last 7 years right.
I worked the evening that United complained. Typical summer thunderstorms that shutdown the DC and NYC metros and many routes to and from. There are only so many ways that ZDC can feed ZNY. Once everyone starts getting put on those limited routes the mileage in trail starts getting crazy. The FAA let every airline know before SWAP season that they needed to cut back due to how many planes each airport can even hold.

You can say whatever you want about the people transferring but you can staff ZNY to 100% but J220 can only hold so many planes once it becomes the only option for ZDC to handoff to ZNY.

Funny enough one of our best controllers credits his ability to having worked in a Greek fast food Gyro place in Chicago when he was younger, they had no receipts, no computers, didn't write anything down, had to basically memorize everything and try to optimize/prioritize which orders to hand out to minimize wait times under pressure, apparently a busy dinner rush at this dump was more stressful than working an enroute storm session.

Don't disrespect the drive thru bro.
Maybe it sounded like it, but I wasn’t disrespecting the drive thru. They should actively recruit people that work busy drive thrus.

Not everything needs to make money, the government provides SERVICES. If you don’t want the government to do anything go live in the open sea where there isn’t countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom