*Insert Clickbait Thread Title Name Regarding Unions Here*

Are you both suggesting it's easier to become an AIRLINE pilot (not just a pilot) than a CPC? If so this just proves my point.

ATC requires a high school education. That is it. Anyone can apply and certify. I've done this nearly 20 years and seen people that should have washed get 1000 hours or more to certify on one position.

Lets look at Spirit who is considered by many to be bottom tier. This is what some pilot sites say they want to get hired:

Minimum requirements:
1,500 hours total time.
Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot License with multi-engine land.
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit.

Preferred Requirements:

2,500 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
750 hours in multi-engine, turboprop or jet aircraft.
A320 Type Rating.
Undergraduate degree from an Accredited Four-Year College or University.
Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft.
Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS.
Instructor/Check Airman experience.

If it was so easy most of you would have gone airlines but you couldn't. If you went to Embry Riddle just to fail and join ATC, youre an even bigger idiot. Same for anyone that went CTI and didnt get a CTO and had to join OTS. This career field is full of absolute morons and not hard to do. The fact you actually think youre as special and highly trained as the 2 dudes solely responsible for a plane while you work at a tower/tracon/center with tons of people as safety nets is absolutely hilarious.
Most majors (even delta) don’t require a college degree anymore and will pay for your ATP as long as you have the hours.

I don’t know what bumfuck tower your work at but YSK some of us are “making it work” on the daily with holding stacks into the flight levels and too many airplanes to count. Maybe you need to roll the NCEPT dice and come strut your stuff since it’s so much easier than “flying” an airbus.

It’s absolutely absurd we hire people with high school diplomas only. That’s prolly why half of them don’t make it.

Lol holy sanctimonious!!!

literally impossible to have a worse ATC take than this.

32 breh u badly need to break free those chains holding you captive and reset your mental model.

P.s. to the O.P., NATCA sucks and if ur still in then sry ur a cuck

What changed in ATC that you think we are all worth almost 20% less in real money then we were 5 years ago and will continue to take buying power pay cuts the duration of the contract?
We renewed the contract you can't blame the union for not knowing about covid and bidenflation. We will see what happens this time.

Trainees should be passed they had to telecommute (it was against the faa teleworking policy) they shouldn't have had to attend those zoom classes

We renewed the contract you can't blame the union for not knowing about covid and bidenflation. We will see what happens this time.

Trainees should be passed they had to telecommute (it was against the faa teleworking policy) they shouldn't have had to attend those zoom classes
We elected mayor Pete like they asked and they didn’t even negotiate with him. Extending never ever made sense

Spirit is bottom tier in terms of airlines which is the only thing I've talked about. You've made up some other argument that I never said.

I had even capitalized AIRLINE in the post you replied to. Just proving my point. You're uneducated. You're not special. You will never be payed like an AIRLINE pilot because youre just not that smart despite making it in ATC. Tough pill to swallow for plenty of controllers.

OTS bids have been a thing forever. Literally 30 years ago people were hired with no degrees off the streets and are now retiring. This isn't new.
That’s not my point.

Its not complicated. You're not getting it. You're not worth the money you think you are. That's the whole point of my posts.
there are three things certain in life. Death, taxes, and the fact I would pop all your tires when you went on a dinner run to Popeyes.

You're not worth the money you think you are.
I don't know who hurt you, but I'm here to tell you that you ARE worth it. ❤️

GIF by moodman

I’m a pilot. Dad is a pilot. Half the retards in my NG unit are airline pilots now. Any controller could learn to fly a plane. I bet 3/4s or less of airline pilots could work traffic. Literally all airline pilots do is turn dials and press buttons. They can’t be bothered to answer a radio call because it interferes with the Netflix they’re watching.

I’m a pilot. Dad is a pilot. Half the retards in my NG unit are airline pilots now. Any controller could learn to fly a plane. I bet 3/4s or less of airline pilots could work traffic. Literally all airline pilots do is turn dials and press buttons. They can’t be bothered to answer a radio call because it interferes with the Netflix they’re watching.
This is one of the reason they don’t let us do flight deck training now.

Most majors (even delta) don’t require a college degree anymore and will pay for your ATP as long as you have the hours.

I don’t know what bumfuck tower your work at but YSK some of us are “making it work” on the daily with holding stacks into the flight levels and too many airplanes to count. Maybe you need to roll the NCEPT dice and come strut your stuff since it’s so much easier than “flying” an airbus.
Probably TMU/command center/supe

Probably TMU/command center/supe
lol that's what I was thinking they said ATC doesn't bare as much responsibility as pilots... they "fly" one plane we control all of them. If they're not TMU then they definitely work at a small shit hole with no traffic. There's no chance you could sit there and say the pilot flying a single jet into O'Hare bares more responsibility than the C90 controllers making sure him and the other hundred a/c are separated adequately.

Atlas flight 3591. They let some dude auger a heavy jet into water. Sounds like he had no business being in control of said jet so tell me again how pilots jobs are so much harder? I've done plenty of FDT and honestly if you got the money and time to throw at the career, study and pass check rides (kinda like atc) I don't see why a majority of us wouldn't be successful.

Hell everytime I go in for a medical the flight doc is usually on the phone advocating for some pilot who's on his 2nd dui to get his medical back as I wait for an hour.

Shit pilots can and will find a home just like how some shit controllers fall through the cracks, get pencil whipped and settle in for the long career while we watch and dodge their traffic.

Flight crew training issuesEdit

The NTSB noted that both pilots had difficulties in their training. Blakely experienced difficulties during training for his type rating on the 767. On October 31, 2015, he was declared unfit for a checkride due to unsatisfactory remarks on his training which included the following:[12]: 4 

• Allowing airspeed to exceed flap limits during stall recovery training
  • Forgetting to set the missed approach altitude
  • Difficulties in performing missed approaches
Blakely underwent remedial training the next day on November 1, this time with satisfactory results. The day after, he had his 767 checkride, and received his type rating on the aircraft two days later.[12][16] Despite Blakely's improvements, Atlas Air placed him in the pilot proficiency watch program (PWP) due to his training issues.[12]

First officer Aska had also experienced training difficulties with Atlas Air, more so than Blakely. He had also recorded training failures with previous employers. Another Atlas Air 767 captain who had flown with Aska described him as a "nice guy" and "definitely in the top half of the people I've flown with," though he did not state any issues regarding training.[44] Aska's first issues were reported in July 2017, the same month he joined Atlas Air, when he was declined an oral exam for his type rating on the 767 as he needed remediation training. Following the training, he passed the oral exam. Aska then went through five fixed-base (non-moving) flight simulator sessions, experiencing difficulties with normal procedures, and underwent more remediation training. In August, following two full-flight simulator training sessions, Aska's simulator partner complained that he was being "held back." Atlas Air ultimately had to restart full-flight simulator training for Aska because no other pilots remained in his training class to partner with him.[12]: 5–6 

Aska's first checkride on the aircraft ended in failure due to poor crew resource management (CRM) and improper aircraft control. His examiner described him as stressed and lacking situational awareness.[12]: 6  Aska underwent remedial training on September 25 and the next day, he reattempted his checkride successfully, receiving his type rating on the aircraft.[12]

Investigators concluded that Aska had deliberately concealed his spotty training record when he interviewed with Atlas Air.

Its not complicated. You're not getting it. You're not worth the money you think you are. That's the whole point of my posts.
You’re the exact kind of rep that gets people to quit and go DOD and it’s “members” like you (by which I mean the slang term for a phallus) are why nothing will be advanced, because your myopia and defeatism.

Back
Top Bottom