July 2020

Are we sure FOIA is how this came out and not a “leak”? The agencies do all they can to squash FOIA requests and when they are approved I’m surprised one would have been approved that fast for a March panel.

Are we sure FOIA is how this came out and not a “leak”? The agencies do all they can to squash FOIA requests and when they are approved I’m surprised one would have been approved that fast for a March panel.
They post a record of all approved requests so at some point we’ll be able to figure it out.

Another thing that doesn't make sense for the seniority bidding type selection is say:

CPC A has 15 years in the agency post CPC has in ERRs to into every major facility in the Denver, and Salt Lake area.

CPC B has 2 years post CPC has into LAX, JFK, MDW, or any other facility that typically doesn't get a lot of transfers.

Why should Controller B have to wait for A to get picked up at a facility that he may not have a chance at, when B can get picked up on the next panel.

He wouldn't. As soon as you determine that none of A's choices can take him the transfer would go to B, assuming one of his choices would take him

A would get to try next vacancy, still #1 (I'm assuming) on his facility's seniority

Are CPC-ITs considered by the panel with equal priority to CPCs?

Also, what does the 2 in DEV2 signify?
DEV2 is a developmental at the D2 band. I don’t think CPCITs are supposed to be able to be selected in NCEPT but there are exceptions.
I always thought that DEVS and cpc-it can ERR but they are never considered before CPCs and its not guaranteed the panel will move them. Like there’s nothing that specifically says they can’t but the panel doesn’t have to do anything about it.

Just curious if anyone has numbers for NCEPT releases, versus pre NCEPT. Nobody has left my facility with NCEPT, yet over 10 have left In other ways.

I got to my current facility on a USAJobs bid before they invented this crap, thinking a level 9 would be a good stepping stone. It seems it is a headstone instead.

Can I claim an allergy to NCEPT, and hardship out?

Just curious if anyone has numbers for NCEPT releases, versus pre NCEPT. Nobody has left my facility with NCEPT, yet over 10 have left In other ways.

I got to my current facility on a USAJobs bid before they invented this crap, thinking a level 9 would be a good stepping stone. It seems it is a headstone instead.

Can I claim an allergy to NCEPT, and hardship out?
I’ll Venmo you 20 bucks if you actually try it

I’ll Venmo you 20 bucks if you actually try it
Deal!

Is it really that hard for you to send an email to the ATM and the FacRep? Just say hello I bid your facility I would really like to work here because ____________. Like seriously if you can't take ten minutes worth of time I would put you at the bottom of my list too.
It doesn’t matter, if your current facility is below a bullshit number, the place you want to go, does not have your name.

It doesn’t matter, if your current facility is below a bullshit number, the place you want to go, does not have your name.
I'm well aware of that. I'm talking to people whose facility can release but don't understand why a level xx controller is getting selected over them. (Because apparently facility level and PAC contributions are all that matter. /s)

Can you ask the status of your FOL from HR or do you just wait it out? Not sure HR would even know. I know the security clearance/medical thing can take some time I just don’t know how long it takes..wondering if I’m missing something.

Can you ask the status of your FOL from HR or do you just wait it out? Not sure HR would even know. I know the security clearance/medical thing can take some time I just don’t know how long it takes..wondering if I’m missing something.

Security and medical are fairly quick, I got my FOL about two weeks after the panel. The hold up is either waiting in line or the ATMs are negotiating a release date. You can call, but you'll get it eventually so it won't change anything except to bug HR.

Security and medical are fairly quick, I got my FOL about two weeks after the panel. The hold up is either waiting in line or the ATMs are negotiating a release date. You can call, but you'll get it eventually so it won't change anything except to bug HR.

Did you get it for Aug of next year?

Nah the MIC person going to ORD is crazier if the only ATC experience the person ever had was tower experience at MIC.
They were right out of the academy to MIC. But it’s totally ok Bc “they were an RPO at ord” ? also, I believe she had family in or previously in management there

Hence, start them low so the CPCs at lower facilities can move up instead of spots being filled by someone who is gonna wash most likely anyway, then wash from the lower level they get NESTed to.

And send them to the academy too as a pass/fail.
I’m not against starting at the low levels for prior experience hires but making them go to the academy as pass/fail is definitely not fair. Considering they’ve already went through an ATC school as pass/fail with their aviation career on the line.....

Back
Top Bottom