July 2020

Wow. Its crazy seeing that list. How do you request this through foia. Cant believe some of those rankings. Clearly it doesnt matter what level facility you're coming from for a lot of these places because level 5s are ranked over 10s in some. Also, what were some of those manager comments?
Guessing those are redacted by the foia person so we’ll never know.

So the facility I have paperwork in for picked up almost everyone that was from a lower level facility than myself. But they all had seniority on me. They say points don’t matter but maybe managers still see that stuff and make their decisions off of it.

So the facility I have paperwork in for picked up almost everyone that was from a lower level facility than myself. But they all had seniority on me. They say points don’t matter but maybe managers still see that stuff and make their decisions off of it.
How did you see seniority? I can’t see any rhyme or reason for the ranks just looking at the paper. JFK has a bunch of level 4-6 people ranked ahead of someone from PHX. There must be something else that managers are considering, seniority? People who actually visit the facility and show interest? Would be interesting to hear the reasons.

The way I figured seniority is by going on federal pay website and punching in their names to see how many years of data the site has on them. Most of them had more years than I did. Not a perfect system but it’s the best I could think of. But I also believe that if you met the guy face to face, you’d have a leg up but due to covid, I didn’t think that would be a good idea for me to request to visit a facility.

How did you see seniority? I can’t see any rhyme or reason for the ranks just looking at the paper. JFK has a bunch of level 4-6 people ranked ahead of someone from PHX. There must be something else that managers are considering, seniority? People who actually visit the facility and show interest? Would be interesting to hear the reasons.

Yeah that was the craziest one i saw. Someone must really hate that guy to rank him last over those low levels

Yeah that was the craziest one i saw. Someone must really hate that guy to rank him last over those low levels
I know for a fact some managers who have been visited by a bunch of people or recieved an email from those people and ranked them higher based solely on the fact they know those people and know they want to actually come there on know their story. Maybe the phx controller didn’t do any of that with the manager of the Facrep. So while the experience is good, the facility would rather take people they know

Tons of useful info. You can see the truly desperate places where people are shotgunning ERR's. BIL, GCN, GGG, PAO... gotta be hopeless for those guys

Wow. Its crazy seeing that list. How do you request this through foia. Cant believe some of those rankings. Clearly it doesnt matter what level facility you're coming from for a lot of these places because level 5s are ranked over 10s in some. Also, what were some of those manager comments?
Yeah, gold ole boy system is in full effect

Yeah, gold ole boy system is in full effect

if it’s based On seniority or experience no one at a lower level would ever get out then. people at higher levels would be the only ones “worth taking.” Make an effort and you’ll be at the top of someone’s list, that is if you are even able to be on someone’s list.

Someone who knows what they are doing should FOIA this last list. I have ERRs for 2 places and the both facilities ranked peoples this time. Want to know if I got fucked by someone who put in for somewhere not sure if they’d actually go.

Someone who knows what they are doing should FOIA this last list. I have ERRs for 2 places and the both facilities ranked peoples this time. Want to know if I got fucked by someone who put in for somewhere not sure if they’d actually go.

I've got one in for this last panel, may take a bit but I'll drop it when I get it

The one comment I saw in the past noted that the person had washed out of a previous facility. So those type of things are somehow included in on the ranking list. I can see the reason behind it, a manager at a high level tracon or center isn't going to want someone that's washed at a low or mid level up/down.

The one comment I saw in the past noted that the person had washed out of a previous facility. So those type of things are somehow included in on the ranking list. I can see the reason behind it, a manager at a high level tracon or center isn't going to want someone that's washed at a low or mid level up/down.
Am i the only one who saw the DEV2 ranked above cpcs at a bunch of facilities.

if it’s based On seniority or experience no one at a lower level would ever get out then. people at higher levels would be the only ones “worth taking.” Make an effort and you’ll be at the top of someone’s list, that is if you are even able to be on someone’s list.
Make an effort should mean be a good controller, train your replacement and do your time. It shouldn't mean go offer to deepthroat the manager at where you're trying to go, which I believe is what you're trying to tell me to do

Make an effort should mean be a good controller, train your replacement and do your time. It shouldn't mean go offer to deepthroat the manager at where you're trying to go, which I believe is what you're trying to tell me to do

Nah, just work the tip and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom