June 2018

They said there's no interest in a level cap. I'm sure it's in part because the EWRs that need 8 bodies will get 0 applicants from level 8s etc.
I think there would be a lot of support for a ban for declining an offer and also support for making 12 month CPC a requirement like it is on bids.
Then, the EWRs should be offering paid moves or the agency and union should come to some kind of agreement on a MOU for facilities like that who routinely don’t meet the four level standard for transfers.

NCEPT is a computer run program and will follow the managers ranking list exactly. The only reason an ATM wouldn't of gotten the order of their picks previously is if the candidate was already selected or no longer eligible so they move down to the 2nd, 3rd, etc.
Not true here at all. I asked the question of why can’t we get the JAXs, MIAs, etc. and the RVP along with the President said, “...because we don’t want to take controllers out of short staffed facilities and give them to A80 even though you have a MOU...”

Not true here at all. I asked the question of why can’t we get the JAXs, MIAs, etc. and the RVP along with the President said, “...because we don’t want to take controllers out of short staffed facilities and give them to A80 even though you have a MOU...”
Interesting...although A80/LAX are slightly outside of the remainder of the NCEPT, that still surprises me. I certainly assumed the 1 release per 6 months rule was put in place to allow you guys to pull from those facilities with some regularity not to mention the list of facilities you can't pull from. Any idea where the people you guys selected last panel where ranked?
Given where the explanation came from, I wonder where a grievance would ultimately go. It's a clear violation of the MOU and the NCEPT SOP.

My bitch is that cpcs from lvl 4-9 with little to no experience get selected over me with 10 years cpc at a lvl 11 who has both tower and Tracon ratings. That’s my bitch! The system is set up to help lower lvl facilities.
Sorry man. I'd love to have NCEPT send us someone with your experience, we have two people who got here on NCEPT who would of never gotten selected in the old way of doing things things, for a reason. Now they are are here, where they want to be, they are just sleeping and not studying on breaks..not showing any initiative. the training program will ultimately remove one, the other is going to have a tough go. I dislike the NCEPT for giving us very unqualified folks who act entitled to be here, so now we're going to spend a lot of time and energy training these turds.

@16gtiguy Also they are going to soon be inserting the 2015 training data into the PPT. This will likely change your proj as it will change the 'training success rate' column which directly effects proj staffing column and also the 'training time in years' which directly effects 'proj retirements' column and proj retirements directly effects proj staffing column.
Now I don't have a clue which way your facility's training dept was trending in 2015 but, just as a blind guess, I'd predict most facilities will see an increase in their proj staffing column and this will increase release eligibility. It would also increase the national proj staffing which effects the number of selections by receiving favilities.

Is this available on the ksnto see how we were trending? I actually think this might hurt us as we had a bunch wash out around then.
It'll be the people onboarded in 2015. So if they walked in the door at or before 2014 and washed in 2015 they are already in your training success rate data.

Thank you! How often does the agency update this?

It'll be the people onboarded in 2015. So if they walked in the door at or before 2014 and washed in 2015 they are already in your training success rate data.

Okay that make since, so looks like our training success rate took a dive if I am reading this correct. But time to certify decreased by half. Although a few that come over in 2015 just certified this month.

When most of the ppl hired for that time frame are certified/washed. I think its 80% but I'm sure someone can correct me.
90% is when they'll put it in the PPT according to the minutes. Idk if they're going to update that link you referenced though, they haven't said.

Last edited:
So my facility had someone recently check out about 3 weeks ago and with that person we would be able to lose someone. However the ATM "forgot" to put the new cpc in the workbook until today after prodding by our facrep. The facility I'm hoping to go to has possible gains but am I just screwed now from this panel because of the workbook issue?

So my facility had someone recently check out about 3 weeks ago and with that person we would be able to lose someone. However the ATM "forgot" to put the new cpc in the workbook until today after prodding by our facrep. The facility I'm hoping to go to has possible gains but am I just screwed now from this panel because of the workbook issue?
You need to talk to your RVP immediately and get this fixed today.

Yes, unfortunately you've waited far too long to seek help. HR has already uploaded the ERR's and the managers ranking list is already open. Your RVP, at this point, cannot assist and it would probably prompt a question of "why didn't you contact me 2 weeks ago?" There has only been one instance of a facility getting their number updated this late in the game and they A) notified the RVP on day 1 (you're on day 14) B) Had an ERR into a facility that was in desperate need of controllers and had more spots then available ERRs.

It's your FacReps job to make sure the numbers are updated accordingly and if they're not, to immediately seek resolution with an RVP prior to the HR ERR upload and the opening of the managers ranking list. If your FacRep is unwilling to do this and you have ERRs in, you'll need to take your career into your own hands, make sure its updated accordingly, and contact your RVP the day the PPT is published in order to correct the error.

Back
Top Bottom