November (Q1) 2023

What’s going to be different in ten years lol? Places like that are always the same. N90 has been “on the verge of collapse” since well before Dean Iccapoli was Fac Rep. They will be perennially understaffed but will continue to release though hardships and insider deals. ZNY and ZOA actually lead the NAS in hardship releases.
Oh I don't think things will be any better in 10 years. I just meant that even if they started putting everything into staffing those places right now, it would be a minimum of 10 years before it gets better. None of this will happen, but if they took it seriously, it would take something like:

- $100,000 move money for CPC transfers
- 30% permanent CIP that doesn't run out by PP18
- raise AG pay to $100k because $50k is almost poverty level in those places and you're asking people with spouses and kids to uproot their entire lives to move there.

Any idea on rules this round? Will they still be doing the 30% trainee to CPC
NATCA only has their demand sheet out which is unique to this panel I believe.

I guess the benefit to the rules being delayed this long is we won’t have that many people throwing paperwork to random places

NATCA only has their demand sheet out which is unique to this panel I believe.

I guess the benefit to the rules being delayed this long is we won’t have that many people throwing paperwork to random places
Is the demand sheet on the NATCA website?

When you talk about "demand sheet" you're referring to the spreadsheet which describes current ERRs, inbound and outbound per-facility, right? Because it sounds like some of you are talking about a "demand sheet" that NATCA is presenting the FAA saying "these are the rules we want to use this panel" and I'm not seeing that on the NATCA site.

When you talk about "demand sheet" you're referring to the spreadsheet which describes current ERRs, inbound and outbound per-facility, right? Because it sounds like some of you are talking about a "demand sheet" that NATCA is presenting the FAA saying "these are the rules we want to use this panel" and I'm not seeing that on the NATCA site.
Yes. But I believe it’s being phrased as a “what facilities are in demand” sheet, not a demandS sheet.

And the “ERR Demand” sheet is listed in the NCEPT page on NATCA’s site.

Read "demand" as in "supply and demand"

Is the CRWG number they talk about on the temporary mods the same as the CPC on-board number on the PPT's?

Oh I don't think things will be any better in 10 years. I just meant that even if they started putting everything into staffing those places right now, it would be a minimum of 10 years before it gets better. None of this will happen, but if they took it seriously, it would take something like:

- $100,000 move money for CPC transfers
- 30% permanent CIP that doesn't run out by PP18
- raise AG pay to $100k because $50k is almost poverty level in those places and you're asking people with spouses and kids to uproot their entire lives to move there.
It would be cheaper to move the facilities. Get ZNY to white plains or Albany and that solves all the issues with cost of living. Same with ZOA, move it to Sacramento or something like that and it gets better overnight.

It would be cheaper to move the facilities. Get ZNY to white plains or Albany and that solves all the issues with cost of living. Same with ZOA, move it to Sacramento or something like that and it gets better overnight.
I don't know about that. New towers at bigger airports run upwards of $100M. I can only imagine building a new center would be well past $200M. That's a hard sell when you could pay out $10M in one-time move money to get 100 CPCs to transfer there.

Back
Top Bottom