Staffing being scheduled incorrectly

How many facilities are being scheduled under the agreed MOU staffing numbers?

management is scheduling below agreed numbers citing OT budget is out.

More info on the situation our MOU states staffing will be by CPC. And management is trying to use developmental as “staffing” as opposed to hiring OT.

Interested to see how this is at other facilities and what steps you may have taken.

Your facrep needs to nut up man… they have to publish the schedule to the negotiated staff number… after it’s published is where it gets tricky on them going below the number.
And atsap it. Have all your friends atsap it. And call the hotline for mismanagement if it doesn’t stop. Safety isn’t a fucking game like it is in AUS. Staffing is there for safety.

We’re regularly scheduled two below numbers and don’t even have anybody to assign OT. Plus, how the hell is OT budget exhausted in April?
Maybe the ATM Is lying. Maybe they are on pace to exhaust the budget. Maybe the atm is an idiot and only asked for a tiny OT budget in an effort to get that “exceeds expectations” from their boss? Either way, it can be fixed but it won’t make your atm look good. You need as many people as possible to atsap it, so they can’t ignore it as one disgruntled person, and you need to file grievances. Maybe call your RVP as well, this won’t get fixed in house if your atm really requested a nothing OT budget

How many facilities are being scheduled under the agreed MOU staffing numbers?

management is scheduling below agreed numbers citing OT budget is out.

More info on the situation our MOU states staffing will be by CPC. And management is trying to use developmental as “staffing” as opposed to hiring OT.

Interested to see how this is at other facilities and what steps you may have taken.
OT budget?? Pretty sure it’s just a blank check IMO.

Top men have assured me the staffing and OJTI MOUs are for "ideal" conditions and are ultimately "guidelines". Also supes don't count for staffing...until they do; that day for OT was simply the day they needed currency.

We've actually gotten better with OT recently but it could always go back.

Top men have assured me the staffing and OJTI MOUs are for "ideal" conditions and are ultimately "guidelines". Also supes don't count for staffing...until they do; that day for OT was simply the day they needed currency.

We've actually gotten better with OT recently but it could always go back.
I love when they try to schedule half certified controllers are staffing and not give a CPC OT. Thankfully the training mandate is putting an end to that

I’d imagine the people in charge are so incompetent at their job, overseeing a bloated Agency, that they are having to divert funds from other Agency groups into operations versus going in front of Congress and saying, “…we are out of money for ATC operations…” I’d imagine that’s why Academy Basics is being done virtually, Academy yearly refresher classes are being done virtually (for a number of non operational groups), et cetera. Trying to scrap every cent they can to divert to operations and hoping controllers come in for overtime and there aren’t substantial delays this summer.

I’d imagine that’s why Academy Basics is being done virtually, Academy yearly refresher classes are being done virtually (for a number of non operational groups), et cetera. Trying to scrap every cent they can to divert to operations and hoping controllers come in for overtime and there aren’t substantial delays this summer.
Or it's just easier and cheaper

I suspect it's leftover from rona and everyone just liked it

Hopefully we can get a telecommute day to brush up on loas/sops/and catch up with elms

I’d imagine the people in charge are so incompetent at their job, overseeing a bloated Agency, that they are having to divert funds from other Agency groups into operations versus going in front of Congress and saying, “…we are out of money for ATC operations…” I’d imagine that’s why Academy Basics is being done virtually, Academy yearly refresher classes are being done virtually (for a number of non operational groups), et cetera. Trying to scrap every cent they can to divert to operations and hoping controllers come in for overtime and there aren’t substantial delays this summer.
Haven’t you ever heard the phrase meet the new boss same as the old boss? Yes they are incompetent at the top, but look around, that’s who becomes in charge. You’d feel more or less the same confidence in them once they become in charge.

Back
Top Bottom