August (Q4) 2022

I’ve always wanted to text the rep & ask my ranking but never do because I don’t know how he/she will react & I don’t want it to affect my future rankings. As far as networking goes maybe in the past was worth it but in my opinion nowadays it doesn’t matter & there’s no rhyme or reason for the way they select nowadays. I toured, met the ATM & Facrep, & brought food. That got me a 6-7 ranking. It is what it is, I just try to keep my head up & keep trying & hopefully one day I’ll get it. As far as reaching out for my ranking how has that gone for the people in here who have done it? Should I try it?
Ur doing good bud keep at it. In 5-6 years you will move up to 5 and the faa will most likely have sent 40 AGs to the facility you want to go to.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to text the rep & ask my ranking but never do because I don’t know how he/she will react & I don’t want it to affect my future rankings. As far as networking goes maybe in the past was worth it but in my opinion nowadays it doesn’t matter & there’s no rhyme or reason for the way they select nowadays. I toured, met the ATM & Facrep, & brought food. That got me a 6-7 ranking. It is what it is, I just try to keep my head up & keep trying & hopefully one day I’ll get it. As far as reaching out for my ranking how has that gone for the people in here who have done it? Should I try it?
Just be polite and email them your request. I’ve asked numerous times back when NCEPT first started and had good feedback. Just tell them you are getting mixed information and would like to know where you stand there.

Edit to add wait until after the selection list is published. They probably won’t tell you anything before the dynamic decisions have been made lol.

Just be polite and email them your request. I’ve asked numerous times back when NCEPT first started and had good feedback. Just tell them you are getting mixed information and would like to know where you stand there.

Edit to add wait until after the selection list is published. They probably won’t tell you anything before the dynamic decisions have been made lol.
Thank you!

Yes I texted them, the Rep and VP numbers are all on the natca website. unfortunately ERR isn’t perfect, still gotta network mann, take a tour and spoke to ATM and the Reps..and that only got me to being ranked 6, on this NCEPT. Maybe I should of brought donuts or sushi hahahah…somewhere on this website mentioned a girl brought sushi and got picked up hahaha…omg you gotta be kidding me….
Yea, I'm suuuuure it was the sushi.

Remember when Trish Gilbert visited PIA and they asked her about their new tower which is apparently 10 years overdue and she said “she will look into it” and then never did lol!

i heard when Trish visited Peoria she literally shat her pants, big bathroom emergency. One of the girls there luckily had an extra pair of spanx.

Comedy Central Eating GIF by Inside Amy Schumer

Reality is , boys and girls, that you will most likely never make it to where you want to go. With the faa sending AGs and washouts to where u have an application in for and with the ncept programs formula that is pretty much impossible to beat, many will give up and settle down where u already are. I’ve seen people have kids and 5-6 years later their wives don’t want to move anymore. Then the people that waited to have kids and a family to get to where they want to be end up getting too old for it. That’s the reality of this job. The faa fucks you one way or another in some aspect of life. False hope is rampant in this agency for many. Some get lucky though!

I think it is a crock of crap people get sent places they don’t want to be at. A small change at the selection phase would really fix a lot of this. When you go to select, you go into the placement office and they ask “where would you want to be?”
“Oh, I’d like close to Dallas. That’s where I have family.”
“Oh great. Let’s do a small search…and looks like we have three available facilities in or near the state that are accepting trainees!”

Even if they look and you can’t go close, they could offer you the same crappy lists we get as a backup. Or states near.

It actually takes zero effort for them to make this better.

I think it is a crock of crap people get sent places they don’t want to be at. A small change at the selection phase would really fix a lot of this. When you go to select, you go into the placement office and they ask “where would you want to be?”
“Oh great. Let’s do a small search…and looks like we have three available facilities in or near the state that are accepting trainees!”

Even if they look and you can’t go close, they could offer you the same crappy lists we get as a backup. Or states near.

The problem is that most people will take first available spot. We wouldn't have the situation we have if placement was the primary consideration for taking an ATC job.

That's actually a crap ton of effort. The number of HR reps would need to be exponentially increased as would the delays in the hiring and placement processes. Life isn't perfect. You aren't entitled to start exactly where you want. That is literally a condition of the hiring. You agree that you are willing to work anywhere. If that isn't an agreement you are willing to make, then don't apply. Getting stuck at a black hole facility or hours from home sucks but they aren't going to overturn the entire hiring and placement process to make controllers happier... especially when there are 57,000 applicants.

That's actually a crap ton of effort. The number of HR reps would need to be exponentially increased as would the delays in the hiring and placement processes. Life isn't perfect. You aren't entitled to start exactly where you want. That is literally a condition of the hiring. You agree that you are willing to work anywhere. If that isn't an agreement you are willing to make, then don't apply. Getting stuck at a black hole facility or hours from home sucks but they aren't going to overturn the entire hiring and placement process to make controllers happier... especially when there are 57,000 applicants.
Why would it be any different than when they call you in for your selection after passing normally with a list of six-fifteen facilities to choose from? Why would it be any more difficult for them to ask where you want to be generally and then filter through the list like any of us can do on KSN? If it’s on the placement list, why would it be any harder for them to filter by Texas or Western or whatever other metric? I’m not suggesting it be done for every new hire. Only people who have succeeded at the academy and on placement day is my suggestion.

Why would it be any different than when they call you in for your selection after passing normally with a list of six-fifteen facilities to choose from? Why would it be any more difficult for them to ask where you want to be generally and then filter through the list like any of us can do on KSN? If it’s on the placement list, why would it be any harder for them to filter by Texas or Western or whatever other metric? I’m not suggesting it be done for every new hire. Only people who have succeeded at the academy and on placement day is my suggestion.
We need to have the facilities hire the controllers. You apply to a certain facility with a contract saying you can’t leave for xx amount of years and if they want you they tell hr to hire you. That way all of the controllers are locked in for however many years without leaving immediately upon certification or hard shipping out on a bs reason.

We need to have the facilities hire the controllers. You apply to a certain facility with a contract saying you can’t leave for xx amount of years and if they want you they tell hr to hire you. That way all of the controllers are locked in for however many years without leaving immediately upon certification or hard shipping out on a bs reason.
What a terrible take.

Someone's hardship isn't anyone's business but their own, whether or not you agree/disagree with it.

Back
Top Bottom