August (Q4) 2022

How are they allowed to do this after the published dates for data to be used? Shouldn't all facilities numbers be updated mid cycle if they're to do this?
All of the adjustments are effective for 8/3. The Agency runs a PPT every week and publishes a PPT every month. It’s wrong 100% of the time. So when they run one for an NCEPT panel people behind the scenes have to manually go searching for mistakes to fix so the panel’s data is accurate. Locals are usually very helpful during this time because they should know their SWB the best.
As for 804 adjustments: those go into effect for the PPT for the last panel before the cutovers.
As for the other CRWG target adjustments: these are long overdue and there are many more needed. Hopefully this means they’ve gotten some detachment between the ATO and the Finance department. Finance has been driving staffing straight off a cliff with a blindfold and a lead foot.

I can’t wait for the 2025 panel when my lvl 6 can release again because of sup bids/hardships/resignations that have happened in the last year

I can’t wait for the 2025 panel when my lvl 6 can release again because of sup bids/hardships/resignations that have happened in the last year
You won’t be able to release in 2025, why do you think the sup bids/hardships/resignations will stop? That’s the best ways to get out now, it still will be in 2023 and 2024.

So I had 2 errs in in June, I toured both places and after that I emailed the southern hr person to remove my err to one of the facilities. They never replied, so I called and left a voicemail, a few weeks later I get an angry call back from the hr person and after talking to her, she said she removed my err from the facility I requested. Today I’m told my name is on both lists lmao

So I had 2 errs in in June, I toured both places and after that I emailed the southern hr person to remove my err to one of the facilities. They never replied, so I called and left a voicemail, a few weeks later I get an angry call back from the hr person and after talking to her, she said she removed my err from the facility I requested. Today I’m told my name is on both lists lmao
As in the ranking lists?

How are they allowed to do this
first time GIF

Here everyone. Big things are they increased staffing numbers which was not normally the case. They would remove some from XXX and add to XUX. GEG added 9 CPCs. AUS added 4. AUS definitely needed more though
AUS is probably a negotiation between high level natca and faa for an increase. Extremely rare but same thing happened with CLT and ABQ I think? GEG is now+9 and PSC is -9 due to 804. We'll see how long PSC stays above their number with those tasty cat 1 releases

Remember when Trish Gilbert visited PIA and they asked her about their new tower which is apparently 10 years overdue and she said “she will look into it” and then never did lol!
Just a general comment about this... PIA and AVL received money ($15m each) for new ATCTs as part of the BIL in July. It kind of went unnoticed because the money came out of the pot for Airport Passenger Terminals instead of ATC Facilities.

This seems to be a trend…there was an individual SELECTED on the last panel, who had contacted HR to remove their paperwork prior to the NCEPT. That individual no longer wanting to relocate turned down the TOL. So the receiving facility loses the body and everyone ranked behind them gets hosed on a possible selection.

If they’re redoing numbers, A80 ran shifts recently with 9,10, 11,12,14… Upper FAA management said, “…run it until the wheels fall off…” They also didn’t like the creative thinking of putting a skeleton named NED on the OM desk, for coverage, so it’s hard for the peasants to appease the royals. Seems the facility doesn’t need 102 so let’s make it say 75% of what it has been for a target of 77. Then, we can still have two people on permanent national union boondoggles and still count against the staffing you know for “good time,” still have one employee go AOV in January (doesn’t require a deviation), and still be able to release 8-10 people and be above the national average. Sounds like a win for everyone!

If they’re redoing numbers, A80 ran shifts recently with 9,10, 11,12,14… Upper FAA management said, “…run it until the wheels fall off…” They also didn’t like the creative thinking of putting a skeleton named NED on the OM desk, for coverage, so it’s hard for the peasants to appease the royals. Seems the facility doesn’t need 102 so let’s make it say 75% of what it has been for a target of 77. Then, we can still have two people on permanent national union boondoggles and still count against the staffing you know for “good time,” still have one employee go AOV in January (doesn’t require a deviation), and still be able to release 8-10 people and be above the national average. Sounds like a win for everyone!
How clt is above a80 in the priority list is mind boggling to me

Look at the last few NEB minutes, there was something about how AUS and a couple other facilities are using new staffing numbers from the collaborative workgroup instead of from Finance. The idea is to see how well it works (I would imagine "better") and attempt to get the FAA to use CWRG numbers for all the facilities going forward.

This of course begs the question "Why did we have a collaborative workgroup figure out staffing numbers if the FAA hasn't been using those numbers" but what do I know.

Look at the last few NEB minutes, there was something about how AUS and a couple other facilities are using new staffing numbers from the collaborative workgroup instead of from Finance. The idea is to see how well it works (I would imagine "better") and attempt to get the FAA to use CWRG numbers for all the facilities going forward.

This of course begs the question "Why did we have a collaborative workgroup figure out staffing numbers if the FAA hasn't been using those numbers" but what do I know.
Apparently rumor is that all facilities are going to eventually get new staffing numbers from the collaborative work group instead of finance. We were told that it would take "3 months for our little level 7 VFR tower" but I take that with a huge grain of salt lol. I also want to try to get out before those new numbers take effect whenever they get down to us lol

Apparently rumor is that all facilities are going to eventually get new staffing numbers from the collaborative work group instead of finance. We were told that it would take "3 months for our little level 7 VFR tower" but I take that with a huge grain of salt lol. I also want to try to get out before those new numbers take effect whenever they get down to us lol
Definitely gonna be a bad day for people who want to leave when your staffing number jumps 25%.

Back
Top Bottom