May (Q3) 2022

So my facility can release round 1. Facility I want to go to can gain round 2. So zero shot of me making it there this cycle?

So my facility can release round 1. Facility I want to go to can gain round 2. So zero shot of me making it there this cycle?
It depends, I'm not sure how the data is derived from the other guy postings.

Say your current facility is 100% current and 100% projected. You *could* release on round 1 and 2. But if you release one in round 1, then you are no longer eligible for a round 2 release.

If your facility is under 100% current and projected, then you cannot release in round 2.

Got to just hope nobody in your facility gets picked up round one, that is plausible and the last two panels only had about 100 pickups and facilities eligible to release still don’t get anyone picked up all the time.

How do you fix the workbook if its wrong? It says we have 3 outbounds when we only have 2. My ATM is saying its right on his end.

Got to just hope nobody in your facility gets picked up round one, that is plausible and the last two panels only had about 100 pickups and facilities eligible to release still don’t get anyone picked up all the time.

Can anyone explain how round 2 works? If the facility you want to go to can pick up in round 2, and your facility can release in round 2, does this mean it should be approved baring “ Dynamic decisions”? Let’s also say in this hypothetical example you’re ranked number 1 at the receiving facility.

Can anyone explain how round 2 works? If the facility you want to go to can pick up in round 2, and your facility can release in round 2, does this mean it should be approved baring “ Dynamic decisions”? Let’s also say in this hypothetical example you’re ranked number 1 at the receiving facility.
If someone from your facility isn’t selected during round 1, then you would qualify to leave still under round 2. NCEPT is continuously adjusted, meaning, if you can release round 2 and someone from your facility is selected round 1, and you fall below round 2 requirements, you then would not be eligible to release round 2.

First is round is hard to staff/difficult/not everyone can do it facilities

Second round is hard to staff facilities.

Good luck

If someone from your facility isn’t selected during round 1, then you would qualify to leave still under round 2. NCEPT is continuously adjusted, meaning, if you can release round 2 and someone from your facility is selected round 1, and you fall below round 2 requirements, you then would not be eligible to release round 2.

First is round is hard to staff/difficult/not everyone can do it facilities

Second round is hard to staff facilities.

Good luck
So if a facility can’t release in round 2 due to the numbers requirement, but can release in round 1 - but doesn’t… would they be able to release in round 2? I’m confused…

So if a facility can’t release in round 2 due to the numbers requirement, but can release in round 1 - but doesn’t… would they be able to release in round 2? I’m confused…
Stop thinking about "round they can release in". It's irrelevant.

If your facility is 85% current and projected then you can release in round 1.

If you are 100% current and projected you can release in round 1 also. (obviously). But if your staffing is STILL 100%/100% in round 2 (assuming you didn't release too many people in round 1 that drops you below 100%) ONLY then can you release in round 2.

What pisses me off most about this whole thing...that NATCA won't address...is all the people who leave on SUP/management bids. Almost every time we get to a # where we can release, someone gets selected for SUP/Management, our #s drop and we can't release anyone on NCEPT. Screw this process, screw the Union.

Moreover, we would be in a Cat 2 release if someone got selected from NCEPT, but if it's a SUP/Management job, 3 months. Double shafted, no NCEPT releases and OT.

What pisses me off most about this whole thing...that NATCA won't address...is all the people who leave on SUP/management bids. Almost every time we get to a # where we can release, someone gets selected for SUP/Management, our #s drop and we can't release anyone on NCEPT. Screw this process, screw the Union.

Moreover, we would be in a Cat 2 release if someone got selected from NCEPT, but if it's a SUP/Management job, 3 months. Double shafted, no NCEPT releases and OT.
Yeah, that's not the unions fault man. Literally according to US law, management is responsible for ALL hiring and transferring.

And you want NATCA to tell Management how to hire their own? The fact that we have any say at all is impressive.

Yeah, that's not the unions fault man. Literally according to US law, management is responsible for ALL hiring and transferring.

And you want NATCA to tell Management how to hire their own? The fact that we have any say at all is impressive.
No, I don't want to NATCA to tell MGMT how to hire their own. I want the Union to fight for members' NCEPT slots before those slots are lost to SUP/MGMT jobs. Even as simple as 2 NCEPT releases for every 1 MGMT release.

How do you fix the workbook if its wrong? It says we have 3 outbounds when we only have 2. My ATM is saying its right on his end.
He’s looking at staffing workbook. Someone needs to show him the ncept ppt data and explain the discrepancy. If he doesn’t fix it reach out to your ncept rep. My atm didn’t understand the data that affects academy placement because he was only updating the SWB “on his end”. Once he understood the issue we started getting new bodies again.

They do. Your ignorance to the deviation process ain't NATCAs fault.

New to the agency?
Explain. I'm listening. And then I'll explain to you how 2 (ex) BUEs waltz out of our facility as SUPs when we were below "deviation" #s. The past 3 NCEPTs we were too short to let BUEs go on NCEPT but we magically had staffing to fill 2 SUP jobs...at other facilities. So, again, please help my ignorance. I've learned that everyday is training day...that's NATCA's too, isn't it? I might be too new to know those things.

Explain. I'm listening. And then I'll explain to you how 2 (ex) BUEs waltz out of our facility as SUPs when we were below "deviation" #s. The past 3 NCEPTs we were too short to let BUEs go on NCEPT but we magically had staffing to fill 2 SUP jobs...at other facilities. So, again, please help my ignorance. I've learned that everyday is training day...that's NATCA's too, isn't it? I might be too new to know those things.
The fact they need deviations at all is the entire point. You might not like that the results don't always give you what you want but the point is that there is still a process when there doesn't have to be at all.

Here's a question for a smart person to ask. Do you know how many supe bids they got turned down for before they were selected? For all you know, they gave three deviations after 20 denials.

The fact they need deviations at all is the entire point. You might not like that the results don't always give you what you want but the point is that there is still a process when there doesn't have to be at all.

Here's a question for a smart person to ask. Do you know how many supe bids they got turned down for before they were selected? For all you know, they gave three deviations after 20 denials.
I agree that it’s the agency’s fault. It starts with the hiring. Unfortunately, they aren’t taking many steps to improve that part of it. It shouldn’t be such a process to get people in the door.

We don’t need to be washing 50% of the people out at magical Academyland. Give them a chance at the facilities. Everything at the academy is so subjective. Just stop with the nonsense. You need to weed out the worst of the worst and then give everyone else a chance to work REAL traffic.

I agree that it’s the agency’s fault. It starts with the hiring. Unfortunately, they aren’t taking many steps to improve that part of it. It shouldn’t be such a process to get people in the door.

We don’t need to be washing 50% of the people out at magical Academyland. Give them a chance at the facilities. Everything at the academy is so subjective. Just stop with the nonsense. You need to weed out the worst of the worst and then give everyone else a chance to work REAL traffic.
He’s not wrong

Back
Top Bottom