May (Q3) 2023

If a CPC desires to go work at CID, they should have a shot to go before some stupid new hire. That new hire who would have gone to CID will now end up at SAV or somewhere else similar. It’s a not a big deal and the new rules make it a possibility for people to transfer to facilities that don’t usually get to pick up anyone. Someone who wants to be at CID is better than someone who throws in for NCT with no intent to certify, but just to get out. they will spend some time there, waste some training time, maybe get a scope or 2 and then wash or withdraw for a sweet nest list. There’s a good chance someone who chose CID won’t ever leave. It’s that also part of the issue, continuity of staffing since tons of people want to be somewhere else? If you put people where they want to be, they won’t be desperate to do anything just to get out.
Sounds like someone is salty

Sounds like someone is salty
Not in the slightest, but what’s the value of seniority and union membership if people get placed at places you want to go, freezing you out from even being considered? Not everyone can go where ever they want but CID as an example has a constant stream of vacant positions a CPC should be allowed to be considered for if they so choose. Not everyone wants to go to a 12, there’s been more than. A few low level to to low level moves.

If CID gets a lifer, that’s one less person they train vs training at least one person from the academy who will leave as soon as they can, and then training whoever they assign after that.

In the end, I support whatever helps people get where they want.

I don't think this guy's gotten sympathy from anyone 😂
I actually did end up getting picked. The SW region HR screwed up and had someone else from my facility that withdrew their ERR still on file...that person was selected and blocked me from getting picked. They fixed it and I have received the TOL for ORD.

I actually did end up getting picked. The SW region HR screwed up and had someone else from my facility that withdrew their ERR still on file...that person was selected and blocked me from getting picked. They fixed it and I have received the TOL for ORD.
At least they fixed that. But they won’t allow someone to be picked up if someone doesn’t sign a TOL.

Have you accepted it yet? I was just told that the person who blocked me for ORD just pulled out, so that ruined my day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom